How much was your wedding dress???

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

Ok for me I went into David's bridal with Lawrence's cousin because she heard that he was proposing (LOL) any way the dress I liked was 500. The dress his cousin like was a 1000 the dress the sales person picked out and I feel in love with was 500 marked down to 99.00 discontinued. I think about that dress everytime I see all of your dressed but pride does not allow me to go get it.
    I am thinking about getting it next week but not sure

#42 jesique

• 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

I paid $200 for mine. It was the first dress I tried on and I just loved it.

I tried on other dresses just to make sure...but I kept coming back to the first one.

I love it and the best part is that it needed no alterations!

#43 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

I'm a little late on this but wanted to share my 2 cents. I never had the "one" feeling. I fell in love with a picture, never found the dress, but tried on a similar one to see what the cut would look like on me. Ordered my dress without ever seeing it actually on.

I love the dress...I got a steal on it $778 instead of the retail price of $1100 (see my thread about the accident the bridal shop made while ordering my dress).

I deliberated on many dresses and came close to buying others. But I kept thinking about this other dress I never saw in person. I didn't want to spend more than $800 but in the end, I decided I would purchase the $1100 dress. I only got it for my $800 budget on accident.

After all this, do I know it's the "one?" No, but I hope it is! I just more than happy to finally decide on one. I can't handle all the decisions and this big one is off my plate.
        Happily married since 2008

#44 1elephant

• VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:02 AM

mine was $510 in the store but $407 online (see bartering thread!!!)...after alterations and whatnot it'll probably be $600, which is about what i had planned on.

#45 Spazz

• VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

Mine was $399 on sale for $349, which I thought was great when I see my friends who are getting married this year spending $1000+!

#46 pipi619

• 59 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:03 AM

Mine is $599 with Alternation it would probably be $700. I saw the same dress selling on Ebay for half the price, but didn't want to risk it.

#47 foxytv

• VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:18 AM

Mine was originally $599, but was discontinued and on sale for $450, off the rack -- last one. I just had them give me an estimate for alterations last week, and that comes in at under $100 ... so not bad! :-)

#48 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

who made your dress i love it!

#49 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

i spent about $5000

also see this thread:

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#50 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

I havent bought the dress yet but hopping to stay under 500.00 Good luck I know if I fell in love with a dress that was over budget I would probably end up buying it. If you are that in love with the 2k dress than I say get it.
                    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users