Sign in to follow this  
tvt

? for the girls that have more than one dress

I'm wondering why you ended up with more than one. (aside from if you are getting a second one to trash)

Did you end up with 2 because you started shopping too soon and your tastes changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
I'm wondering why you ended up with more than one. (aside from if you are getting a second one to trash)

Did you end up with 2 because you started shopping too soon and your tastes changed?
Good question, I have always wondered how that happens also!

I just changed my mind after having a panic attack in the dress (I bought it impulsively)...I think I realized it wasn't what I really wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I just changed my mind after having a panic attack in the dress (I bought it impulsively)...I think I realized it wasn't what I really wanted.

that is my fear exactly rolleyes.gif my mom really want to get out dress shopping but i keep saying it's too early. Plus what if I like the cupcake (as i call it. ie with the pick ups) look now, but next year I'm not so sure? or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
that is my fear exactly rolleyes.gif my mom really want to get out dress shopping but i keep saying it's too early. Plus what if I like the cupcake (as i call it. ie with the pick ups) look now, but next year I'm not so sure? or vice versa.
Just an FYI - some of the dresses I've tried on and loved take up to 8 months just to get in, that doesn't include alterations or anything (I think that's an extreme case) . They say though, that you should start looking quite seriously a year beforehand. Or at least according to some of the salon people I talked to. I've gone dress shopping 4 or 5 times and get a tweaked idea of what I want every single time. Everytime I find one that I think is the one, I wait a few weeks and go try it on again. If I still love it, we call it the "benchmark dress" and we compare everything to it.

I have the exact same fear. I've found a handful of ones that I love, but am not sure if I've found "THE" dress. But I don't think there's any harm in going early. If anything, I think you'll just get a better idea of what you want... plus, it's SO fun!!

I have two. I found a dress I loved, it was $1500, which was more than I wanted to spend, but I really liked it. So I brought my mom & my sister, my mom thought it was too much for a DW, and she was practically attacking the poor saleswoman over the price! So I was really frustrated after that and decided I was just going to look for a dress on ebay.

Well, I ended up getting a gorgeous dress on ebay, its so pretty, the material is so soft and perfect and it fits perfect and I only paid 225 for a dress that sells for $1000. But all I could do is think about the dress I really wanted. So I went to the salon last month and ordered the one I wanted and it will be in one month before my wedding, yikes!

I think its okay for you to start looking now, but if you're nervous you might change your mind, then wait to order when you get to about 8 months away or so, I think by then you should have a good idea of what you want.

When I first got engaged Jcrew had dresses on sale. I got one for $70 and one for $80. I figured at those prices I might as well try them out. If I loved one great - if not no big loss. Neither was the one so I ended up with my "real" dress. Now I'm going to use a cheapie for TTD and sell the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
When I first got engaged Jcrew had dresses on sale. I got one for $70 and one for $80. I figured at those prices I might as well try them out. If I loved one great - if not no big loss. Neither was the one so I ended up with my "real" dress. Now I'm going to use a cheapie for TTD and sell the other.
Kate isn't you who has 5 dresses? I thought it was, if not who is it who does?

Kelly~