? for the girls that have more than one dress

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

I'm wondering why you ended up with more than one. (aside from if you are getting a second one to trash)

Did you end up with 2 because you started shopping too soon and your tastes changed?

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      I'm wondering why you ended up with more than one. (aside from if you are getting a second one to trash)

Did you end up with 2 because you started shopping too soon and your tastes changed?
      Good question, I have always wondered how that happens also!

#3 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
      • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

I bought one online and the material was not what I had imagined. I highly recommend trying on the dress before putting down the money.
        KM
        Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

I just changed my mind after having a panic attack in the dress (I bought it impulsively)...I think I realized it wasn't what I really wanted.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christine
          I just changed my mind after having a panic attack in the dress (I bought it impulsively)...I think I realized it wasn't what I really wanted.

that is my fear exactly my mom really want to get out dress shopping but i keep saying it's too early. Plus what if I like the cupcake (as i call it. ie with the pick ups) look now, but next year I'm not so sure? or vice versa.

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tvt
            that is my fear exactly my mom really want to get out dress shopping but i keep saying it's too early. Plus what if I like the cupcake (as i call it. ie with the pick ups) look now, but next year I'm not so sure? or vice versa.
            Just an FYI - some of the dresses I've tried on and loved take up to 8 months just to get in, that doesn't include alterations or anything (I think that's an extreme case) . They say though, that you should start looking quite seriously a year beforehand. Or at least according to some of the salon people I talked to. I've gone dress shopping 4 or 5 times and get a tweaked idea of what I want every single time. Everytime I find one that I think is the one, I wait a few weeks and go try it on again. If I still love it, we call it the "benchmark dress" and we compare everything to it.

I have the exact same fear. I've found a handful of ones that I love, but am not sure if I've found "THE" dress. But I don't think there's any harm in going early. If anything, I think you'll just get a better idea of what you want... plus, it's SO fun!!
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

I have two. I found a dress I loved, it was $1500, which was more than I wanted to spend, but I really liked it. So I brought my mom & my sister, my mom thought it was too much for a DW, and she was practically attacking the poor saleswoman over the price! So I was really frustrated after that and decided I was just going to look for a dress on ebay.

Well, I ended up getting a gorgeous dress on ebay, its so pretty, the material is so soft and perfect and it fits perfect and I only paid 225 for a dress that sells for $1000. But all I could do is think about the dress I really wanted. So I went to the salon last month and ordered the one I wanted and it will be in one month before my wedding, yikes!

I think its okay for you to start looking now, but if you're nervous you might change your mind, then wait to order when you get to about 8 months away or so, I think by then you should have a good idea of what you want.

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

When I first got engaged Jcrew had dresses on sale. I got one for $70 and one for $80. I figured at those prices I might as well try them out. If I loved one great - if not no big loss. Neither was the one so I ended up with my "real" dress. Now I'm going to use a cheapie for TTD and sell the other.

#9 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LALA
                  When I first got engaged Jcrew had dresses on sale. I got one for $70 and one for $80. I figured at those prices I might as well try them out. If I loved one great - if not no big loss. Neither was the one so I ended up with my "real" dress. Now I'm going to use a cheapie for TTD and sell the other.
                  Kate isn't you who has 5 dresses? I thought it was, if not who is it who does?

Kelly~

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dragonfly
                    Kate isn't you who has 5 dresses? I thought it was, if not who is it who does?

Kelly~
                    That'd be Laura B. lol
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users