Photo

Idea for donation favors?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

My fiance and I had decided to make a donation instead of favors for our wedding prior to my dad passing away. My dad died 2 months ago from a heart attack. Before we were going to make mini donations to various organizations like breast cancer, humane society, ect, but now we are only making a donation to the American heart association in honor of him. I got labels made from vistaprint that I am attaching to a starfish for each one of our guests. My question is does anyone have a cute candy idea to attach to it also. I am afraid anything chocolate will melt, because at first I was thinking chocolate hearts. All ideas welcome!

#2 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

Love the idea. A lot of people do that! it is really great.

Sorry about your dad.

What about rock candy lollipops?
      Gumballs?

#3 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
      • 205 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

My fiance and I are doing a donation favor as well. I did not come up with this idea but copied it from something I think I saw on the knot. We are going to donate money to the organization we adopted our dogs through. Its small non-profit, in fact it is run out of a lady's house. So we felt helping out someone who opens her home to abused and unwanted dogs is just the right recipient.

At any rate, I wanted to package dog bone cookies and have a tag with it stating the organization we chose. You could do heart shaped cookies which is appropriate for a wedding and the organization you chose. You could do sugar cookies or some kind that does not require frosting so you don't have to worry about anything melting. Just a thought...

#4 Sheree10

Sheree10
        • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

SO sorry to hear about your father.

I saw a picture of favor somewhere with a label attached to a roll of candy- Lifesavers.

It said something like "Thanks for being a lifesaver... a donation has been made in your name to ______ or in memory of_________" and had a blurb about the charity with the bride and groom's names and wedding date.
          http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#5 jenv

jenv
          • 169 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

sorry about your dad but that is a really good idea.. i think the you can get some heart shape lollipops or you can get some cinanmon hearts in a little bag and put the labels on them. hope that helps.

#6 amybermuda

amybermuda
            • 870 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

I am bringing those mini boxes that you fold into a box and securing with a sticker/ribbon. Inside will be a types note thanking them and saying in lieu of favors we are donating money in their honor to the leukemia society.

I thought they'd look pretty by the place settings & I didn't want to give an actual gift - this way it looks like its a little wrapped present but its not!

Yous could be in honor of your father, which would be really touching. I am sure he'll be there in spirit :)

#7 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
              • 103 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Thanks girls, I really appreciate all your ideas and thanks for the comments about my dad. He will definately be there in spirit...everyday it gets easier and easier.

Thanks again!

#8 LandG

LandG
                • 152 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

This has helped me a lot too

#9 celticgirl

celticgirl
                  • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

I am doing a donation favor as well! Since I already got OOT bags AND personalized shot glass wedding favors... I decided that I didnt want to get the wedding party something personalized or something that they would misplace or lose... its also hard to carry alot over seas to your destination as well. I have felt so blessed with my new addition to my family, and being able to finish school and own a house and get married and not really have to worry about money too much (Im not made of it, but I am still able to have a 10,000 dollar budget while fnishing my final year at school and be a new mom to a gorgeous 6 month old boy)... that I really wanted to give back... so I am buying a few goats from world vision as a donation on behalf of my wedding party..... I know its not really traditional, but neither am I.

How shold I present them with this??

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
                    January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#10 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

Just say or write a note card explaining that in lue of gifts and on their behalf you have made a donation of purchasing goats from world vision.

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

I am doing a donation favor as well! Since I already got OOT bags AND personalized shot glass wedding favors... I decided that I didnt want to get the wedding party something personalized or something that they would misplace or lose... its also hard to carry alot over seas to your destination as well. I have felt so blessed with my new addition to my family, and being able to finish school and own a house and get married and not really have to worry about money too much (Im not made of it, but I am still able to have a 10,000 dollar budget while fnishing my final year at school and be a new mom to a gorgeous 6 month old boy)... that I really wanted to give back... so I am buying a few goats from world vision as a donation on behalf of my wedding party..... I know its not really traditional, but neither am I.

How shold I present them with this??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users