The Royal~Playa del Carmen ?'s!!!!!

We are getting married at The Royal PDC June 10 and have most of our questions answered, but still have some that haven't been answered yet and so i figured some of you ladies may know the answers!?

*how much do they charge for colored sache/bows for the chairs?

*have any of you tried tres leches cake there, and if so was it good? Are ya'll paying extra to get a tiered cake?

*do any of you know the dimensions of the reception tables--(i need to find

out because I am making table runners).

*I am getting a monogrammed aisle runner made, does anyone know how long it needs to be?

*my WC said the luxury pkg includes a lit up dance floor and gazebo decorations..is that true?

*we cannot make it for a site visit, so we have NO CLUE what to pick for our menu, any suggestions?!

I would appreciate as much help as I can get :)) Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
We are getting married at The Royal PDC June 10 and have most of our questions answered, but still have some that haven't been answered yet and so i figured some of you ladies may know the answers!?
*how much do they charge for colored sache/bows for the chairs?
*have any of you tried tres leches cake there, and if so was it good? Are ya'll paying extra to get a tiered cake?
*do any of you know the dimensions of the reception tables--(i need to find
out because I am making table runners).
*I am getting a monogrammed aisle runner made, does anyone know how long it needs to be?
*my WC said the luxury pkg includes a lit up dance floor and gazebo decorations..is that true?
*we cannot make it for a site visit, so we have NO CLUE what to pick for our menu, any suggestions?!
I would appreciate as much help as I can get :)) Thanks a bunch!

The bows for the chairs are $3 each

I have not tried the tres leches cake yet but we are going on our site visit 11/11/09 and we are trying the cake at the wedding tasting. A three tiered cake was part of our package.

The luxury package does include the gazebo decorations I am not sure about the dance floor

I am not sure on the dimensions of the table but again I will be asking this as well when we go down

Did you receive the menus to look at yet?

Sorry I know I could not answer them all hope you get all your answers because I am interested to :)

Jesmcan,

Thanks so much for your reply! I CANNOT WAIT to hear about your site visit, let me know what you find out on the cake and table dimensions! Also if you can while you are there, will you try to find out how long their red aisle runner is? I want to bring a white one with our monogram on it, so I am needing to know how long it needs to be! I bet you are getting excited to go! You only have a few more weeks! Yes I did get a list of menu options, but I just really don't know what to pick since I haven't tried any of them and won't get to sad.gif So i look forward to hearing about your site visits and what you liked best!! :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlyn8984 View Post
Jesmcan,
Thanks so much for your reply! I CANNOT WAIT to hear about your site visit, let me know what you find out on the cake and table dimensions! Also if you can while you are there, will you try to find out how long their red aisle runner is? I want to bring a white one with our monogram on it, so I am needing to know how long it needs to be! I bet you are getting excited to go! You only have a few more weeks! Yes I did get a list of menu options, but I just really don't know what to pick since I haven't tried any of them and won't get to sad.gif So i look forward to hearing about your site visits and what you liked best!! :))
Yes I will def get all that info for you!

I am going to take lots of pics espeically of the food for the food tasting so stay tuned

I am getting really excited

Hi,

I am getting married at the Royal 3/31/10 and am doing the luxury. I was told the lighted dance floor would be extra $700 dollars, which I think is a lot. I was wondering what food options you were given? I feel like after reading other brides posts on here about the Royal the Royal my WC tells me different things. I was not even given the cake option you mentioned they said my options are like basic chocolate, strawberrt, lemon, etc... We are having a tough time with food descion too, tough when you have not tasted it. I wish we were doing a site visit. I also heard about a great DJ through this site that is cheaper than what the Royal charges. Who is your WC, mine is Doreen, but she is just the person I have been talking to on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerssnorts18 View Post
Hi,
I am getting married at the Royal 3/31/10 and am doing the luxury. I was told the lighted dance floor would be extra $700 dollars, which I think is a lot. I was wondering what food options you were given? I feel like after reading other brides posts on here about the Royal the Royal my WC tells me different things. I was not even given the cake option you mentioned they said my options are like basic chocolate, strawberrt, lemon, etc... We are having a tough time with food descion too, tough when you have not tasted it. I wish we were doing a site visit. I also heard about a great DJ through this site that is cheaper than what the Royal charges. Who is your WC, mine is Doreen, but she is just the person I have been talking to on the phone.
Hi,

that does sound like a lot for the dance floor. I highly recommend not going through the resort for the DJ. DJ Doremixx (Ivan) and DJ Mania both are a lot less expensive if you book through them even with the extra $100 vendor fee. DJ Doremixx is $650 for 4 hours and $550 for the dance floor. I just told the resort we had a DJ that we wanted to use and they did not ask any questions.

Here is what we are trying for our food tasting:

Breaded chicken fillet with sesame seeds
Shrimps au coconut with mint sauce
Cantaloupe pearls with prosciutto & spearmint
Spring salad with goat cheese & almond oil
Caribbean salad with shrimp, smoked pineapple pesto & jasmine flower
Prosciutto with cantaloupe and Dijon mustard vinaigrette
Oyster cream soup with fried leek
Clam chowder with chopped vegetables au white wine
Princess cream soup with green vegetables au white wine flavor
Beef fillet with Dijon mustard, garnished with provencal herbs
Valentino beef fillet with pink pepper sauce & Jumbo shrimp
Beef fillet tournedo with three peppers sauce
Lime pie with strawberries
Paris chocolate shell stuffed with fruit au white Cinzano flavor
Tres Leches Cake

I will take lots of pics and do a full review.

As far as WC we got Zulma who we are meeting with on our site visit. However you have to be in contact with their sales office first before you your WC.

I originally had Doreen and had a horrible experience with her. She did not seem all there. I constantly kept having to repeat who I was and asking the same questions. She also never got back to me and got really pushy about putting our deposit down. Finally I asked to speak with the manager Angie. She has been working with us since. However I also find I have to continuelly follow up on questions.

I have heard from every bride that actual WC's at the resort are wonderful and take care of everything.

Leaving for our site visit 11/11 - 11/16 so stay tuned for more info ladies :)

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi,

I highly recommend not going through the resort for the DJ. DJ Doremixx (Ivan) and DJ Mania both are a lot less expensive if you book through them even with the extra $100 vendor fee. DJ Doremixx is $650 for 4 hours and $550 for the dance floor. I just told the resort we had a DJ that we wanted to use and they did not ask any questions.

How did you find this DJ? Were you able to get a sample of his music? I too am getting married at the Royal and was thinking of booking through the resort until I read your post!LOL!

If you still have their info I would greatly appreciate this!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine View Post
How did you find this DJ? Were you able to get a sample of his music? I too am getting married at the Royal and was thinking of booking through the resort until I read your post!LOL!

If you still have their info I would greatly appreciate this!

Thanks!
Hi Celine,

I found DJ Ivan through this forum. Yes he sent us three diffrent sample play lists. Also while we were on our site visit everyone in Playa told us what a great DJ he is.

However the Royal has changed their rules sad.gif You can no longer book he DJ your self. You have to go through them. They now charge an absurd rate. They realized they were losing money by letting brides book Ivan themselves. I am not exactly sure what the new rate is with the resort.