Photo

Indecisive Destination Bride!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 nwabien

nwabien
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Hi - We are going to get married next year somewhere in the Caribbean. I would really like Turks and Caicos but my guest can't afford it!

We do not have a date but Valentine's day wedding would be ideal but it appears to be a pipe dream because I haven't made any plans!

I want an exotic location but my guests don't seem to what to pay the price for it! A friend suggested that I should just go with my fianceee to wherever in the world I want
    Looking to share a photographer week of February 14, 2010 in Varaero, Cuba. Send me a PM of interested

#2 Cassie

Cassie
    • 5,341 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

Congrats and happy planning!
      Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Try doing some research on locations within a budget of your guests that will also fit your needs. If it's important to have family and friends there then try to look for things for both you and your guests. If it's not that important then I would say just go somewhere for the two of you. Good luck with the decisions!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Congrats and happy planning!

#5 jenv

jenv
          • 169 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

congrats and welcome!!! my FI and i were in the same boat but we decided to try and find a place that will accomadate our guests price range cause we want most of them there. for our second week we are looking for just us and were not holding back for that one!!!
            good luck with your choice!!

#6 nwabien

nwabien
            • 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jenv
              congrats and welcome!!! my FI and i were in the same boat but we decided to try and find a place that will accomadate our guests price range cause we want most of them there. for our second week we are looking for just us and were not holding back for that one!!!
              good luck with your choice!!
              Thanks a lot - right now, I am leaning towards Cuba but everyone I speak to who have been there are saying that the food is bad. So now, i have to go back and so more research!
              Looking to share a photographer week of February 14, 2010 in Varaero, Cuba. Send me a PM of interested

#7 jwilke5

jwilke5
              • 314 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Congratulations and good luck! If you are looking for a more affordable destination, you might want to consider Mexico, in my experience travel there is much cheaper than to the islands.

#8 Bubbalu

Bubbalu
                • 152 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wherever in the world sounds great. I told my fiance that I want to get married wherever in the world it is warm! Good luck planning and welcome to the forum.

#9 chirorach

chirorach
                  • 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

That resort looks AMAZING!!

#10 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                    • 938 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hi

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck with all your planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users