Photo

Anyone Give Snorkeling Dry Boxes in OOT Bag?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 webejettin

webejettin
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hi all-

We are doing our wedding in Hawaii and I am putting together the OOT bags right now. What I am wondering is if anyone has ever included a snorkeling dry box in the kit? Does anyone think that would be a good idea?

For those who are wondering what I am talking about, a dry box is a small waterproof container for carrying keys and/or credit cards when in the water so that they do not have to be left in the car or hotel room.

I have included a link so you can get a better idea: Witz - See-it-Safe Clear Dry Box Sharp Diver Sports

If you have ever looked at these, have you found a place to pick them up for a better price? I would love to include them, but haven't found a good price yet. They don't have to be the kind good for a depth of a hundred feet, just something to keep stuff dry while swimming/snorkeling...

Let me know!
    Thanks,
    Lindsay

#2 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

I am not doing these as we will be at an AI and wont need to carry cash on us- but I know a lot of brides have done them but I am not sure how waterproof these ones are, they are the ones I most commonly see..

Personalized Beach Safe Containers

I always just leave my stuff in my beach bag I might be too trusting :) oops!

#3 alkoch

alkoch
      • 515 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

I am not doing these as we will be at an AI and wont need to carry cash on us- but I know a lot of brides have done them but I am not sure how waterproof these ones are, they are the ones I most commonly see..

#4 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
        • 484 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I've never heard of them, well I know there's like waterproof match holders for camping and stuff - so I've heard of something like them!
          But I think they're a great idea for OOT Bags!! A lot of gals are doing the resealable plastic holders for a tip/key card holder so I'm assuming it's supposed to be similar in theory, these are really economical so if you want to check them out go to the DIY part of the forum and there are lots of examples.
          Good luck!! You could probably get something at a camping/hiking store too, I'd check around for prices! and there's always ebay for a good deal!

Check out this thread:

http://bestdestinati....ot-bags-42057/

Might give you some alternate choices if you want to save $$'s - they are like little strong plastic ziplock pouches - so I'm hoping they're waterproof!!
          Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
          Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
          My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#5 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
          • 484 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by alkoch

Those are cute too!!
            Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
            Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
            My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#6 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
            • 429 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

We are also doing the tip/keycard holders but early on in our wedding planning I ordered these:

Beach Ball Invitation In Containers

They serve TWO purposes!

1. They come with a beach ball in there that you can personalize. I will write our wedding date, time, location on the spaces provided and it can serve as a toy, reminder or keepsake.

2. The container they come in can be used for money, medication or possibly you could slip some cigarettes/lighter in there! (we have some guests that smoke)

I forgot I ordered these till just today. The beach balls are pretty small but I think they are perfect and won't take up too much room!!!

Good Luck girlz!!!

~ Erica

#7 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
              • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

I definitely want to get these for my OOT bags... even at an AI resort, I still plan on bringing cash to tip, and don't trust leaving anything like cash or room keys in a beach bag.

#8 alkoch

alkoch
                • 515 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Those are really cute Erica!!

#9 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                  • 2,424 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

i use these when we go kayaking, they fit my camera perfectly. Never had them underwater completely so i dont know how well they keep water 100% out but they would great for around the pool.

#10 Patti

Patti
                    • 555 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

I like that idea too. For $17.99 a dozen - not bad, since I only need 1 dozen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users