39 replies to this topic

#21 McToasty

McToasty
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oryx
    Hi McToasty,

Yes I agree, it is quite pricey. Although I still have a valid student card, so I want to purchase more classes before that expires! I go to the North York studio near Yonge & Sheppard -- you?
    Haha omg that's right by my house. I live 2 blocks north of there. I've been there 2-3 times. The classes get so busy! If I had $, I'd suggest we meet up. We should definitely organize a Toronto girls get-together tho! :)

#22 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Knocked out 1 class this morning. Glad the 30-class package (USD $400) never expire.

#23 Oryx

Oryx
      • 727 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by McToasty
        Haha omg that's right by my house. I live 2 blocks north of there. I've been there 2-3 times. The classes get so busy! If I had $, I'd suggest we meet up. We should definitely organize a Toronto girls get-together tho! :)
        I live right near there too! Just a little south of Sheppard. What a small world! Do give me a shout if you decide to go back to yoga. I have just started, so we'll see how I do at the end of my first month.

And yeah, we should definitely have a Toronto get together! I saw one organized in another thread for the summer I think... maybe it's time to do another :)

#24 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
        • 329 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

I've always wanted to try but I've been scared that I'll pass out!

Is it easy to adjust to the temperature in the room?

#25 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

It may take a few sessions before your body gets used to it. Stay hydrated and don't go in with a full stomach. Have a snack 1.5 - 2 hours before class and you should be okay.
            I've always wanted to try but I've been scared that I'll pass out!

Is it easy to adjust to the temperature in the room?

#26 Tifany

Tifany
            • 248 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by poohshek
              It may take a few sessions before your body gets used to it. Stay hydrated and don't go in with a full stomach. Have a snack 1.5 - 2 hours before class and you should be okay.
              I second that it takes a few sessions before you get used to it. #3 was a charm for me! I've signed on to do a month now and see how my body likes it. :)

#27 Tonir

Tonir
              • 283 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

I actually cannot eat anything for about 3 hours before class. And my snacks need to be something without dairy and nothing heavy. I have lost 10 pounds in the last couple weeks doing it. Partly because of the sweating, but also because I have found that what I eat before I go really affects how much I want to throw up or pass out so I eat much healthier and much less on those days haha :)

Good luck!

#28 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tonir
                  I actually cannot eat anything for about 3 hours before class. And my snacks need to be something without dairy and nothing heavy. I have lost 10 pounds in the last couple weeks doing it. Partly because of the sweating, but also because I have found that what I eat before I go really affects how much I want to throw up or pass out so I eat much healthier and much less on those days haha :)

Good luck!
                  I find that I don't have a huge appetite for dinner when I go in the evenings either. So I usually have something light, like soup or something. Double bonus!

#29 Tifany

Tifany
                  • 248 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

What do you all tend to do if you get a cold? I've taken nearly a week off now because the idea of being in a hot room is not appealing at all. I'm just itching to get back now. :)

#30 Oryx

Oryx
                    • 727 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Tifany
                      What do you all tend to do if you get a cold? I've taken nearly a week off now because the idea of being in a hot room is not appealing at all. I'm just itching to get back now. :)
                      I tend to take a bit of time off if I'm totally sick. On the other hand, I've noticed that if I'm about to get sick, sometimes sweating it out helps. Hope you're feeling better, Tifany!

I've finished all of my classes now and trying to decide if I should sign up for more... I love going but I'm torn because of the cost and my need to save for the wedding now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users