Photo

Bikram Yoga Anyone????

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 damaris

damaris
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

I've been going for 3 weeks. I'm totally hooked!!
    65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#12 KRama

KRama
    • 421 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

It's amazing. I really feel like it was a big contributor to the weight that I lost. I was only going once a week since I felt it was a little too expensive to do more than that. It was an excellent complement to my cardio and strength routine and I really think it helped me tone up better than weights did!

#13 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

I have been doing Bikram for about six months and I LOVE it. Its a struggle for me to get there, just because its 90 minutes, and then I dont get home until 8:30 pm. I have also started training for a half marathon and I find that if I go to class after a particulary hard run for me I am not soar the next day.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#14 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

Got 10 classes left from my 30-class package that never expires. I am hoping to finish all of them by end of March.

#15 Tifany

Tifany
          • 248 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

I just had my first class yesterday. Got a good deal for 10 days and will try it within the next few days again to see what I think. I will wear my bodybugg next time and let you know exactly how many calories I burn during the session. :)

#16 Tifany

Tifany
            • 248 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by damaris
              I've been going for 3 weeks. I'm totally hooked!!
              Just being nosy, Damaris, but where are you taking your classes at? I went to Bikram Yoga NYC yesterday.

On another note, has anyone noticed any health benefits from practicing this?

#17 Tonir

Tonir
              • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

I've gone 3 times in the past 6 days (Tuesday, Thursday and Today) and I have lost all of my holiday weight and then some for a grand total of 7 pounds! This is also because when I go to Bikram after work I am very careful about what I eat and how much I eat during the day. Also, I really do feel like it detoxes your body, even better than those cleanses being sold this time of year. And I do think my posture and flexibility is improving already. Good luck!

#18 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

Has anyone tried Moksha yoga? It is fairly similar, from what I understand. I just started and hope to go at least twice a week, along with the gym twice a week.

#19 McToasty

McToasty
                  • 170 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Oryx
                    Has anyone tried Moksha yoga? It is fairly similar, from what I understand. I just started and hope to go at least twice a week, along with the gym twice a week.
                    I've been to Moksha yoga a few times and I loved it. Haven't been back awhile, but want to get back into it. It's just a bit pricey, esp with saving for the wedding and stuff. Which one do you go to?

#20 Oryx

Oryx
                    • 727 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by McToasty
                      I've been to Moksha yoga a few times and I loved it. Haven't been back awhile, but want to get back into it. It's just a bit pricey, esp with saving for the wedding and stuff. Which one do you go to?
                      Hi McToasty,

Yes I agree, it is quite pricey. Although I still have a valid student card, so I want to purchase more classes before that expires! I go to the North York studio near Yonge & Sheppard -- you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users