Photo

Bikram Yoga Anyone????

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Natural

Natural
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

I went to my first class last night and all I can say is I'M HOOKED!!!!! Has anyone else tried?
    Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have been going for a few weeks and I am addicted also! I LOVE IT!

#3 Natural

Natural
      • 218 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

I feel so energetic today. I'm going for my second class this evening and can't wait!
        Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

#4 *Lo*

*Lo*
        • 2,993 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Awesome! It gets better the next few times you go! They say you are supposed to go minimum 3 times a week for the benefits but that is hard to do if you want to do other workouts as well.

#5 jetsbride

jetsbride
          • 794 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

I have never been but I definately want to try it. i will probably start when we get back from our wedding. I've heard great things about it!

#6 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:17 PM

I was hooked when I first started going to bikram yoga but I got bored after a while. These days it is a challenge to fit a 90-minute class into my schedule. I am hoping to finish out my 30-class package soon.

#7 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

I highly reccomend it, I lost a ton of weight doing it and even work at a yoga studio!

#8 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
                • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

I used to go regularly when I lived in SF, but not so much anymore in S. Cal, which is ironic b/c Bikram's first studio is here.

However, I have been to a few of his classes and he's mean -- he yelled at me (this is how he teaches BTW -- breaks you down to build you up kind of thing), and I get it, but I do not like being yelled at even if I am wrong. It's amazing you are in this room with over a hundred people and he will single someone out and berate them. He's got good eyes, that's for sure, and once he's on you, he will be like that the entire class. So I don't go to that studio anymore (plus it's more expensive than the others). I'm e-scared of him!

I do like it though -- I always feel cleansed after I do it with the sweating and drinking lots of water. I'm doing more "power" yoga these days (e.g. Bryan Kest) b/c I like being able to work out from home. Not the same, I know, but that's where I am right now! =)

#9 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                  • 349 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Love Bikram's! although after the first class I was like... "never again", but since I paid for the one week trial already...

It will be part of my get toned & fit before the wedding routine... I've been bad and not gone for a while but hoping to get back on the bandwagon

#10 Tonir

Tonir
                    • 283 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

I like it as well, but I have heard that you do not really lose weight from it (as surprising as that sounds!) Anyone else had weight loss with it? Just curious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users