Paradisus Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Did you receive a signed contract back from the resort once your date was confirmed?

They are telling me that they "do not sign contracts" this makes me a little worried because I basically have nothing to hold them to.

#2 lesandlynda

• 199 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hello Ashleed - it's a very good idea to be really comfortable with your arrangements here before making any money deposit. The DR is a beautiful destination, but you need to be cautious when doing any business here. Always better "safe than sorry".......

#3 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

lesandlynda...thank you so much for your response. I have never heard of someone not signing a contract.....I know this is a reputable resort but still really scary! I'm not sure if the contract can be enforced if they do not sign it.

#4 flbluiiis

• 184 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

According to the "general procedures" it says "Contracts are to be signed by all parties involved in order to confirm any Romance by Paradisus Resort Package"

#5 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

Thank you flbluiiis!!!!

#6 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Now that I think about it I never received a signed contract back from them....please let me know if you do

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#7 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

I have been dealing with Teresa and she said they do not sign contracts that they are for office use only. In the very first paragraph on the contract it says...."This Contract will be effective only if and as of the date it is signed by the authorized representative of the Resort."

I am sure that they will follow through with everything but I refuse to take the chance.

#8 tmurphy82

• 156 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I just got an email from Teresa after I sent in my contract and deposit. The email stated, "You are officially confirmed for your wedding at Paradisus Punta Cana on 5-21-2010."

#9 foxytv

• VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

I never signed a contract, which I am glad about. But I did print out and take with me every single email correspondence between myself and the WC at PPC - and that was most helpful in clearing up billing discrepancies when we went over the $$$ the day before the ceremony. We had no issues with our rehearsal dinner/wedding/reception ... and signed nothing until we arrived at the resort and paid for the wedding. We didn't even put down a deposit other than paying for our rooms, which was done through a TA.

I hope that helps!

#10 FutureMrs.McInnis

• 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

I only recieved the email confirmation as well, which i have saved. I would think that would be good enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users