Trying to find a location to get married at in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dee414

• 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

I just got engaged. I'm on this forum reading reviews to try to find the perfect resort to get married at.

#2 tim-juleswed

• 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hello and welcome! Congrats on the engagment. I was just engaged about 3 weeks ago and we wanted to get married on April 1, 2010 so we scrambled to find a place we loved and that was affordable. We are going to the Gran Bahia Prinicpe in Runaway Bay Jamaica and will be married on April 1, 2010! WOOHOO...the last 3 weeks were a blur though, so if you are not in a rush, take your time. I have been to the Riu resort chains in both Mexico and Jamaica and they are WONDERFUL! My friend got married at the Riu Ocho Rios 2 years ago and it was perfect. There are Riu's in almost every country so that's a bonus too. Good luck and if you need any advice let me know.

#3 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 tracyann

• 189 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

Congrats and welcome! You will find lots of posts that cover just about every resort in Mexico. But if you don't have any to start with, you can try one of the travel agents and see if they can help you-I suggest making a list of what you want/need in the resort- ie- adults only or families, is price a factor, do you want cancun/riviera maya or Cabo.

Happy Planning!

#5 chirorach

• 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Welcome to the forum! I have learned so many valuable wedding tips on this website. Hope you have as great of luck as me! Congrats and happy planning!

#6 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum. Gosh there are so many great places to get married at in Mexico, maybe the first step is to contact a travel agent to see what's within yours and your family/friends budget, once you have a location, you can look on here for resort information.

Best of luck and happy planning

#7 linzangel

• 217 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

There are so many great places...you cant really go wrong!

#8 scrouse

• 185 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Congrats on your recent engagement! And good luck finding all the info you need to make your decision!!

#9 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

Congratulations on your engagement! I'm opting for Playa del Carmen but anyplace in Mexico seems beautiful.

Happy planning!

#10 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hello - You've come to the right place to help research the perfect destination for your wedding! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Happy planning,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users