Kelli's Dreams Wedding review

I haven't been that active on the site but reviews were one of the most helpful things for me. Sorry its been so long since the wedding but we took two weeks in Hawaii for the honeymoon and then I got a job promotion. Better late than never though so here goes:

Dreams B

I would not have changed locations but there were a couple annoyances. When we checked in we did not have patio furniture or chairs in the living room and the fridge was not turned on or stocked. Also our safe was locked so they had to come open it. Not very welcoming. Also twice our room did not have hot water and then we had to wait 20 minutes before we could shower but it got fixed. All our guests seemed happy though and a few people got upgrades. There were a few guests who didn't get their welcome bags at the desk, like they were supposed to, but at least they delivered them to the room later when they realized the mistake. All issues got fixed promply.

Baja Cantina A+

We had our rehearsal dinner there with just the wedding party and then directly after the rest of the guests joined us for what we called our welcome party. The food was very good. They were great about letting me bring in a suprise cake for James. The service was also great. The best part of the evening was our bar bill! Our family and friends are drinkers and were doing shots and drinking a lot. I was very worried what the bill was going to be. For all the drinks- the dinner to the end of the night (6pm-11pm 13 for dinner and 50 total) it was only $1100! Our jaws dropped. I would highly recommend this location.

Ixchel Transportation A+

This company worked out great for us. We had one van leave earlier for the rehearsal dinner and 3 arrive later with the rest of the guests. They were very punctual and the drivers were very nice. I negotiated $9 per person from Dreams to Baja Cantina down from $12 after mentioning another girls post on this forum. We didn't pay them till the return trip. I would recommend them.

Mariana A

She was great also. She was great about last minute number changes and didn't charge us for people who ended up not coming. The only reason I don't give her an A+ was because they served the wrong salad at the dinner. I verified with her by email the menu and I guess I should have done it in person the day before. She had the printed menus even a day ahead that had what salad on it but we ended up with the duck salad instead of the goat cheese. Not the worse thing in the world though.

Hive (hair) A++

The girl I had was great. I can't remember her name though. She was American and did a wonderful job. I had a test at the salon 2 days before and she wen't off pictures from wheat my own stylist had done for me at home. My hair turned out even better! She was on time to arrive at Dreams the day of the wedding and I was extremly happy.

Makeup (?) B+

I'm bad with names. I can't remember hers either. Marlena maybe? Maye booked her for me. I will give you a warning on this. It was going to be $25 extra for a consultation before hand with no application being done. I told Maye to cancel it because $25 wasn't even worth this if she wasn't going to apply anything! She waved the fee. She came to Dreams the day before the wedding for this. SHE SPOKE ALMOST NO ENGLISH. It was a total waste of time and I was freaking out. I don't think she understood anything I was trying to tell her. I was soooooo nerrvous about the wedding day. Stress I really didn't need. But my cousins girlfriend came to the room the day of the wedding though who is fluent in Spanish and everything worked out fine. I was extremly happy with the results. Juan even asked who had done my makeup and said it was great for photos. Just if you book through Maye-a heads up that you might get someone that doesn't speak English.

Ceremony Music D

I was very upset about this. It could have been Maye's fault though but I never got a chance to ask her about it. We booked guitar and violin through her because I really wanted Pacabel Canon in D. I've imagined myself walking down the aisle to that song for a very long time. I told Maye I could care less what else they played as long as they did that song for my entrance. THEY DIDN"T PLAY IT! I was not happy at all. The guests said they liked them though or I would give them an F. I guess this was something I should have triple checked the day of the wedding. Oh well.

Jannifer Hatton A++

We had a little miscommunication over email a while back before our site visit in Aug with her confusing me with another bride but since then she was nothing but outstanding. She actually did two cakes for me. A carrot cake with the Yankees logo for James for the welcome party and then the wedding cake. They were both fantastic! They brougt the wedding cake out after dinner at the reception because of the heat and everyone gasped. I'm still drooling about our wedding cake. I want to go back to Cabo just to get another one! We had a lot left and had a room party after dinner on the night after the wedding and ate the rest of the cake. Every single guest of ours came that were still at the resort to have more cake!

Juan Carlos B+ (may change after we see photos)

He was very good. A couple annoyances with him too though. He missed a meeting with us two days before the wedding because his computers were down or something and he didn't have his schedule. He was very apologetic though and we rescheduled for the next day. He was great the day of the wedding. Very professional and very creative. He grabbed us during the middle of dinner for a few last sunset photos and then when someone started fireworks down the beach during the reception. Those might turn out to be some of the best. I can't wait to see those. The bad news: Its over 6 weeks since my wedding and NO PHOTOS! He originally told me 3 weeks. I emailed him after 3 1/2 and he told me one more week. James emailed him Fri and he said 5 more days. Its getting to be a very long time but they may be worth the wait. We'll see.

DJ Ricardo A+

Very nice man. We met with him 2 days before the wedding. He played every song I requested and didn't play any songs we didn't want. He accidently started the wrong music for our first dance (the mother son song instead) but it was changed quickly and it didn't bother us.

All in all-I would not change one single thing that I did. Maybe move the ceremony time to 5:00 pm instead of 6:00 to have more dancing time but I think the guys would have been hot so James might disagree with me on that. We had a wonderful time. If anyone had any questions please feel free to ask. All the women on this website have been very helpful for me even though I wasn't very vocal. And I will let you know when the pictures finally are up. Hope this is helpful!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kelli,

great review...i remember one of the most annoying things with juan was how long it took him to get my pics to me...i bitched to him every day. it is even worse now since everyone booked him at the same time (you, karla, sarah, edyta, tammyb) so i am sure the wait is even longer.

hopefully you'll get them soon.

Juan told James in his email yesterday that it would be 5 days. So I'm hoping by Fri. I think if he would have told me longer in the first place I wouldn't have been so bothered. Can imagine he's gotten a few irritated brides his way lately!

Great review - Congratulations!!!

I also used Jennifer Hatton and we still get comments on how great our cake was. I want to order another one the next time I go to Cabo - so yummy! I also loved DJ Ricardo too!

I'm also waiting for my photos from Juan - he told me there are 3 people ahead of me (my wedding was 6/3), so hopefully you are NEXT!!

Can't wait to see your pictures!!

Jen

And I'm after Jen.. At least the number of people waiting on his pics are going down. There was 7 before me, now only 4. Poor Juan, he is awesome and over worked.. Someone please remind me when Sarahs (RIU brides) wedding was, wasn't it the 18th as well? I can't keep up anymore..

EDITED.. to say,, So Sarah's was the 18th and Kelly yours was the 19th. I thought he was going to space one day inbetween pictures? No wonder their is a delay, he has back to back weddings. smile41.gif

Drea,

I went back and looked at the photos I have of Baja Cantina and none of them show the restaurant well enough to bother giving them to you. Sorry about that. Theres a good deal of traffic along the beach there but it will definitly be a nice location. I think you will be happy.