Photo

Has Anyone NOT done a site visit??

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

Good! I'm so glad that I am not the only one who is planning via internet and this forum! : )

#22 tkolman773

tkolman773
    • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

We're not doing a site visit either, just going off of the reviews here and on trip advisor!

#23 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
      • 821 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RaychelRae
        Good! I'm so glad that I am not the only one who is planning via internet and this forum! : )
        Haha! I am doing the same thing! Hoping for the best!!!!! I would love to do a site visit, but I think it would be fun to be surprised. We'll see! Where are you getting married?

#24 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hi RR,
          We are not doing a site visit either. Its already going to cost us about $6000 just for our wedding and two weeks vacation, I dont want to add another cost for a site visit. We are also going to Playa Del Carmen, and based on the reviews, Im not worried. I think so long as you are organized on your end, things should go smoothly.

#25 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
          • 3,347 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

We are getting married at the resort you are looking at, The Royal. And although I wish I could do a site visit, I am not. And I am completely confident after finding BDW and talking to all the other Royal brides that everything will be perfect!
            ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#26 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
            • 75 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

Not doing a site visit, either.

Hey RR, i was actually planning on doing the same things as you - catholic ceremony in a church and then staying at/doing the reception at gran porto. i ultimately decided on dreams tulum, partly because they do have a chapel on resort grounds.

has it been difficult making reservations at the church on fifth ave? i've heard response time is not great, esp. if you don't speak spanish.

#27 Kacelb

Kacelb
              • 36 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

My fiance really wanted to do a site visit. I told him that I didn't want to go to the same place twice. I wanted to get married somewhere where I'd never been before. Makes it very exciting. I relied on the forum, the internet, reviews and my TA to choose the right place. I am confident in the resort. :)
                Mike and Kacie's Wedding Website

***I have an AMAZING photographer scheduled for our wedding in Tulum for 10/09/10. If you have the same date (or close to it) and are interested in using her please let me know! Her work can be viewed at http://www.lindleysphotography.com ***

#28 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AmyBoerema
                  Not doing a site visit, either.

Hey RR, i was actually planning on doing the same things as you - catholic ceremony in a church and then staying at/doing the reception at gran porto. i ultimately decided on dreams tulum, partly because they do have a chapel on resort grounds.

has it been difficult making reservations at the church on fifth ave? i've heard response time is not great, esp. if you don't speak spanish.
                  I have heard that before as well, that the church on 5th is not great at getting right back to people. I can absolutely see this happening since they are a church, not a wedding coordinator, and they're probably not 100% focused on jumping at the beck and call of a bunch of Destination Brides!

It was mainly because of this reason I have decided to go with Ajua Wedding Planners. They work with that church all the time and do all the running to and from the church for you. I pictured this (communication/planning with the church) as being my biggest stressor for the next year and a half, so decided to get helped lined up before it got to that point.

#29 ldeavila

ldeavila
                  • 206 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

I am having my weddding at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta and will not doing a site visit, but I have been to the there before while I was on vacation. Knowing what the venue looks like and from reading the reviews on this forum, I am confident that everything will turn out beautiful.
                    [IMG]
                    Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#30 martin

martin
                    • 343 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Dear Rachel congrats on your engagment and welcome to the forum playa del carmen is a really nice palce for your wedding here you will find good tips for your wedding.
                      Beach Weddings are the most popular of all locations for a Destination marriage ceremony and Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya are the hot spot.There are lots of Mayan ruins and great attractions to visit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users