Photo

Tying on another woman's engagement ring?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

There are lots of opinions on this one. Some people don't mind and even like to let people try theirs on. Other people really don't.

Personally, I wouldn't care, but DH once told me his ex-wife had done that all the time and he hated it. So, while it wouldn't bother me, I don't share mine because of what he thinks.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:07 AM

i guess i wouldn't care at all - i never would have thought twice about it. but i never believe in that superstitious stuff anyway. and as for someone else trying it on ... who cares?! does that really take away any of the meaning and the value of it?

#13 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AnnR
      i guess i wouldn't care at all - i never would have thought twice about it. but i never believe in that superstitious stuff anyway. and as for someone else trying it on ... who cares?! does that really take away any of the meaning and the value of it?
      Weird!!! but I am very proud and excited when someone else admires my ring and ask to try it on....

#14 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SusieQ
        Weird!!! but I am very proud and excited when someone else admires my ring and ask to try it on....
        I'm confused. What's weird?

#15 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SusieQ

did i say something weird? lol

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

Ann - i don't think you said anything "weird" - i think that response was WERID if anything.

in regards to the ring - i always let my friends try my rings on - and vice versa - it is fun and sometimes it is nice to see what your ring(s) look like on someone else b/c you are always looking down at them which is a warped point of view.

at my bach party we were in the pool all day drinking for one of the days and i made my cousin wear my e-ring for like 4 hours b/c she was napping and drinking champagne out of the pool - my jeweler drilled in my head that long term chlorine would be bad for the type of ring i have. she didn't want to give it back - it was kind of funny!

plus i am not that superstitious and my relationship with my DH is not dependent on a material object - i would rather lose my rings ANY DAY than lose my DH - they are replaceable material objects.

#17 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

I've heard that about being suspicious as well, but I never really believed in it. People have asked to try my ring on and I don't hesitate to let them. I agree that seeing it on someone else's hand gives a different perspective and you can admire it differently then anyone else.

I remember Jacqueline and I were down the shore last summer (or perhaps the summer before?) and we kept saying how beautiful and shiny the other persons ring was. We each felt like our own wasn't as sparkly even though we both love our rings. So it's nice to have someone put your ring on and you get to actually SEE the sparkle!

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

i dont believe its bad luck to wear someone's ring. I had a friend that would ask me to wear her ring because she thought my hands were pretty and she hated her own hands. I felt kind of funny wearing them though. I cant explain it but it just seemed weird to wear her rings. Maybe because i was 21 at the time and thought of getting married anytime soon freaked me out. lol

I've never had anyone asked to try my ring on. I dont think i'd care though.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 amandseth

amandseth
                • 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about someone else trying on my e-ring.. mind you it depends on who the woman was. I'm not superstitious, but I can be catty!! hahahaha
                  Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
                  http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#20 NaM

NaM
                  • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

My MOh told me this and wouldn't try mine on. Not that I just give it away for people to try on but if someone asks I don't mind showing them or if they try it on.

Definitely think that's just an old superstition.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users