• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'm a little confused...

I have the dress, and I want a veil (honestly, when else are you going to get to wear a veil??) but I don't have any idea how to shop for one... How will I know if it will look good with the dress? I don't want to take my dress shopping with me, and I don't know what I'm doing with my hair yet. I don't plan on wearing the veil for anything except the ceremony and some pictures, so I also want either little clips or a hair flower.

But how in the world do you shop for a veil??

Sorry if this has already been posted - I checked, but didn't see anything.
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#2 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Well I think it kinda depends on what kind of veil you want - I think there are some that go good with pretty much all dresses.
      I would just go to bridal shops and try on a bunch then see if you like a certain kind. Also what kind a veil you like might help you decide on your hair-do. Maybe bring a photo of your dress to show the sales ladies for advice on how to match your dress. Good luck!

#3 autjo

autjo
      • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

I was lazy and just bought the one that matched my dress at the bridal salon. I know that a lot of places will let you order samples. Good luck :)

#4 alkoch

alkoch
        • 515 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

Double Post! Sorry!

#5 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
          • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

I was lazy too.. I went to this website:Bridal Veil: Standard fullness, 1 layer, elbow length, fine embroidered edge, 29-inch length (thats actually the veil I got). I ordered the color swatches first (free) and then I matched them to my dress and then I ordered that veil in the color I thought was best. Super easy and affordable

#6 NaM

NaM
            • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

I got mine at the bridal shop too. It was easy cause I knew it went with the dress. Nadine's suggestion looks like a good one if you don't want to take your dress to the store to match colors.

#7 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
              • 354 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

Where did you buy your dress? They should have veils there for you to try. If not, the suggestions from the other ladies work too. I just ordered my veil from the bridal shop I got my dress at. They knew which dress I had picked and so recommended one that matched perfectly. It was a 2 tier (1 short tier and 1 cathedral length tier) and the cathedral length portion was attached by hidden velcro so you could remove it and just have the short veil for part of the evening afterwards!
                - Grace
                Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#8 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                • 443 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

The veils at the bridal shop are SOOOO expensive! $200-$300 for a veil? I plan on ordering mine online, lol thanks for the link!

#9 sarah310

sarah310
                  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

Here's some other sites I found for alternatives to the bridal shop veils. There is no reason a piece of fabric with holes in it should cost 200-300 dollars.

Simple Beauty by simplebeautyveils on Etsy

Crystal Beaded Edge WHITE Fingertip length by BellaBridalVeils

Elbow Length Beaded Veil by ScrapBeads on Etsy

#10 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                    • 5,521 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

I tried my veil on with my dress and went with my favorite one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users