Photo

First song dance???

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dragonfly

dragonfly
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

Everton and I are having trouble deciding on our first dance song. We have 3 songs that all mean something to us (wish we could use them all). The songs are:

1. Crash into me-Dave Mathews Band. This is a song that we both have always liked, it is one of Everton's favourite songs, and the one he most wants.

2.Love Song-Pink. This song really describes us, and our journey together, it is a little sad though, but we do love it, and it is one of my favourite songs.

3.Awake-Secondhand Serenade. This is the song we always thought we would dance to, Everton always sings it to me whenever we play it. This is just a really great song.

I don't know if anyone knows any of these songs, but if you do tell me what you think. I would have made this a poll but I have know idea how to do that.

Kelly~

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I love DMB! Crash into Me is one of my favs.

I dont know that Pink song...I don't care for her.

And, Awake sounds familiar but I can't place it.

I say listen to all 3 and you will know which song is the song by the feeling you get listening to it.

I love "At Last" by Etta James....(I think too many people play it for their first song though and I wanted to something different).

When I hear "By Your Side" by Sade, I just get that feeling and teary-eyed.

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

Nevermind...I just listened to "Awake." Pretty!

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

Kelly, my FI is a huge DMB fan and I am going to have to say no to crash into me because its actually about a guy stalking a girl...might be a little weird for your 1st dance. I say go for the one that you love and imagined you would dance to.
        My dad recently got the idea of dancing to a particular song, but in the end I had to tell him that my whole life I had dreamed of dancing to brown eyed girl with him, so moral of my story, go with the one that means the most to you
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
        • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

Since you like all three, do you have a DJ? If so, maybe they can use all of them. A little from each song? We have two that we are using and the dj is going to play both. Just a suggestion if your having a hard time deciding.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

"Crush" & "love of my life" are good DMB love songs.

Have you heard the paul simon song "father & daughter." It was playing while I was on hold with sprint. It would be great for a father daughter dance.

#7 ajncooter

ajncooter
            • 983 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

i love crash into me

#8 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

i don't know the pink song so i can't give you an answer, but what i did was make a cd of just first dance potentials and listened to them in the morning when i'm half awake and then waited for the one that really got me going.

#9 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  Kelly, my FI is a huge DMB fan and I am going to have to say no to crash into me because its actually about a guy stalking a girl...might be a little weird for your 1st dance. I say go for the one that you love and imagined you would dance to.
                  My dad recently got the idea of dancing to a particular song, but in the end I had to tell him that my whole life I had dreamed of dancing to brown eyed girl with him, so moral of my story, go with the one that means the most to you
                  Good to know about crash I didn't know that is what it was about. I always pictured us dancing to awake, it's funny how the closer I get to the wedding I start to overthink everything and second guess all the decisions I have made.

Kelly~

#10 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

Some songs that I love for first dance songs, but my FH does not like any of them are:

Husband and Wife - Michelle Featherstone
                    Rest of My Life - Michelle Featherstone
                    True Companion - Marc Cohen
                    **Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amos*** - I am a huge Tori fan, FH said no only because then it would be all me cause everyone knows I am the fan
                    Trying - Lifehouse

I think that is all. We are still up in the air about our first dance song, but it will be none of these awesome songs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users