Punta Cana Excursions

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking around this site for some time now hoping to find a list of excursions available in Punta Cana, but I've had no luck so far. Do any of you know what's available or where I can go to find out more information about them? I asked my wedding planner for a list, but she didn't give me one and just said that I would be able to make my arrangements once I arrive- not very helpful. I'm trying to be organized and since we are going to spend a good portion of our wedding "entertaining" our guests and are going to have to share our time, it would definitely be helpful to review our options and make plans before we go down. Don't know if it matters, but I'm staying at the Majestic Elegance. Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else and I just haven't found it!

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...found it! Jose Ramon Hernandez, Groups & Incentives Supervisor, Amstar DMC, Dominican Republic

josherna@amstardmc.com

Got his info from the WC at Dreams Punta Cana when I inquired about catamarans/excursions. You can email him and see what he offers. I never got back to him as he asked me if I was a travel agent, wedding planner, or private client. I decided that I wanted to find one of the former to talk to him for more bargaining power wink.gif

Here is the site SSNM is talking about. Amstar dmc, Dominican Republic Destinations We are looking to do the Zip Line. It will all just depend on the type of people you have or what you are looking to do. Do you want more active stuff or more like site seeing?

This is another one we are looking at:

fun-buggy caribe eng

Trip Advisor:

Fun-Buggy - Punta Cana - Reviews of Fun-Buggy - TripAdvisor

Welcome

If you go on Trip Advisor and just type in Punta Cana a list will come up on the left hand side and it will say Things to do. It will give you a list and the reveiws to go along with it.

Things to Do in Punta Cana - Punta Cana Attractions - TripAdvisor

Have you joined the Majestic Brides Facebook site? There's lot of great info on there including info on excursions that people have gone on. We did the Caribbean Festival last year which included swimming with sharks and sting-rays and that was good. I've also heard that the Safari one, I can't think of the name right now it good (where you get to see the Dominican way of life, etc.) Besides that we've done parasailing and horseback riding from the vendors that walk the beach and hope to maybe do a zip-line this year. Our tour operator last year told us that the dolphins wasn't worth the time/money and I've heard that the deep sea fishing can be a really rough trip!! A girl I work with did it with her husband and 7 out of 8 on the boat got sick from how rough it was just trying to get out.

Hi there!

I lived in Punta cana for 7 months (working at a resort) so I tried most of the excursions since they were free for me. The one I think most people would enjoy is the trip to Saona Island. I believe it's offered by most of the hotels, and it's a full-day trip. You take a bus from the hotel, then a motorboat and a catamaran. You get to see live starfish, flying fish, swim in a natural pool, and hang out at a really nice beach. It's a great place for collecting shells and coral if any kids are with you. They also serve lunch at the island.

I also enjoyed the shopping excursion in Bavaro since they took us to a cigar factory and a place that makes fruit flavoured rums in hand painted bottles (like banana rum, passionfruit, etc). They can personalize them however you want, which is pretty cool.

I agree that you shouldn't bother with the dolphin thing...it's not worth the money. And unless you REALLY want to go to Santo Domingo, don't bother with that one either cuz it's a very long day and your guests will be tired after!

If you have any questions send me a message!