FI ring - panic attack

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

So we go to pick Brett's ring up today - it's an 8mm titanium jobber. We ordered him a size 8.

He has this major ring claustrophobia thing. He's had it his whole life (it's not a commitment thing I swear!). If he puts a ring on and can get it off really easily he freaks out and gets really claustrophobic. He starts tugging at it and basically freaks until he gets it off. Also, his fingers swell and shrink a lot. He can vary up to 1.5 ring sizes depending on the day.

As you can guess, the 8 was too small. I made him shove it on just to make sure. Of course it gets stuck, he gets super uncomfortable, and tries to pry it off. As he was twisting it to get it off it was making these awful squeeking sounds against his skin. He couldn't wait the 1 second for the lady to get the lotion to help get it off.

We decided to go up to an 8.5. He keeps walking around the house going "you remember that time you made me try on that too small ring?" I may never live this down.

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Awww poor Brett!! Im sure he will get used to the feeling after awhile, just like us ladies do!! Hopefully the half size bigger fits better!

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

Poor thing! Panic attacks freak me out...

#4 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:15 AM

That is a shame. Do you think he will get used to wearing the wedding ring orwill he be one of those husbands who doesnt weaer a ring.

#5 ajncooter

ajncooter
          • 983 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

poor thing... i hope it gets better for him!

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

on no, poor guy! i'm sure he'll get used to it

#7 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

Is he opposed to tattoo's? My friend can not wear a ring because of his job. So, he tattooed his wife's name on his ring finger. Her name is Kim, so it was easy, but he could tattoo your initials or the wedding date or something on his finger. Chris's looks like a ring, its really cool.

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

Poor Guy! I hope the next size up fits okay!

#9 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Julesr
                    Is he opposed to tattoo's? My friend can not wear a ring because of his job. So, he tattooed his wife's name on his ring finger. Her name is Kim, so it was easy, but he could tattoo your initials or the wedding date or something on his finger. Chris's looks like a ring, its really cool.
                    I was also thinking about the tattoo ring. Erik was thinking about doing the same thing. We have a ring but I was thinking we could brand our selves on our ring fingers.
                    It's an idea

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

Sorry, that made me laugh. Poor Brett. I hope the 8.5 works much better for him!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users