Dress Drama!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AJandNate2010

• 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

I was so excited to get the postcard in the mail saying my dress was in 2 months early! My mom and I went in to try it on and get the alterations ball rolling. I put the dress on only to be horrified by what I was seeing! The dress was a complete mess!! My dress has dozens of pleats that are at different angles all over the front. We first noticed a spot where the pleat was popping up and revealing a seam below. They tried steaming it but it didn't help. Then we noticed another seam showing on the lower part of the dress. Finally I noticed the whole right side of the dress was completely wrong!! When I tried on the sample it was so sleek and smooth to my hips and for some reason the right side popped up a good inch off my hip. We had to go get the sample to figure out what was wrong! After conducting a search we noticed that my dress (which is 2 sizes smaller than the sample) had 4 extra pleats and the pleats on my dress were 2 inches longer than on the sample which created the poofing. Such a mess!
    Luckily, the salon sent the dress along with the sample back to the designer so they can see what their manufacturer is sending out. They are making me a brand new dress except now it won't be in until mid-Dec and we leave the beginning of Jan for our DW. Such a pain! I'm not freaking out yet but I might be in 2 months.
    Has anyone else had dress drama?

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#2 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

i would try not to worry.they are sorting it out and you should have plenty of time.fingers crossed

#3 MayaLove

• 369 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

I'm sorry about your troubles. That's really good that they're working with you well to get it all sorted out though. I hope everything turns out alright in December!
        Jenna & Chris
        Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
        My BDW Blog

#4 *HOLLY*

• Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

Oh gosh I would flip a lid. Are they going to composite you for anything? I would think sending the sample will get it right this time!

#5 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Oh wow, I am glad I ordered my dress WAY Early, I would lose it if I were you! At least they are going to get you a whole new dress... fingers crossed for you!!
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#6 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

omg! Thank God you discovered this in time to hopefully get something worked out! So sorry you are dealing with this, best of luck and I sincerely hope it gets sorted out SOON!
              Loving married life! <3

#7 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that! Don't stress to much, it sounds like they are trying to make things work--good luck!
                Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                Non-Pro Pics:
                Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#8 jennaLynn544

• 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

Don't worry I'd be worried too but I think it will all turn out fine...how long did it take for your dress to come in the first time? I am hoping your 2nd experience of getting your dress in to try on will be a more positive one. Best of luck to you & don't forget to post pics if you already haven't done so
                  I absolutely LOVE my life & ADORE my little family :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users