• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

My best advice is to work with a travel agent- (TA Jill from the forum specializes in Mexico) definately find one that specializes in destination weddings as it is completely different than booking a typical vacation. Each of those properties are great but very different in terms of wedding programs, pool/beach areas, amenities and ease of working with the wedding department.

I also do not put a lot of stock into the apple rating system- typically the resorts that they have preferred status with ( or they negotiated higher commission levels) get higher apple ratings than other equally good, if noit better properties! Don't get me wrong- we've sold Apple Vactions quite a bit, it's tha rating system that is not quite ........accurate.

Good luck !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicolebodie
    Hi all,
    I have spent hours looking into all the resorts in Riviera Maya that Red Apple Vacations recommended. I know my must haves, and I think I've narrowed my search to the resorts listed below. If you have any opinions, facts, or any other information you would like to share, please do! I am going crazy. Two quick things. I don't really want to spend 7,000 on a wedding package and I'm keeping my guests in mind. I don't want their stay to exceed 2,500 dollars (per couple) if possible.
    Here are my 7 picks: (I wish I had 2 or 3- this is why I need all of you)
    Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa (Apple rating: 6 red)
    Cancun Hacienda Tres Rios (6 red)
    Cancun Barcelo Maya Palace (5+ gold)
    Dreams Puerto Adventuras (6 gold-didn't look as nice as Dreams Tulum-went to Tulum last winter for a wedding)
    Adventura Cove Palace (6 red)
    Cancun Grand Velas All Suites and Spa Resort (6 red)
    Cancun Azul Sensatori (can't remember apple rating)

Thanks for your help!

#12 tracyann

tracyann
    • 189 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

Congrats! I started with a list of 5 or 6 and just a couple of weeks ago decided on Dreams Riviera Cancun-- I know what you mean about choices, but I think I made a good one. Whatever resort you choose I am sure it will be great!

#13 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Quote:
      Here are my 7 picks: (I wish I had 2 or 3- this is why I need all of you)
      Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa (Apple rating: 6 red)
      Cancun Hacienda Tres Rios (6 red)
      Cancun Barcelo Maya Palace (5+ gold)
      Dreams Puerto Adventuras (6 gold-didn't look as nice as Dreams Tulum-went to Tulum last winter for a wedding)
      Adventura Cove Palace (6 red)
      Cancun Grand Velas All Suites and Spa Resort (6 red)
      Cancun Azul Sensatori (can't remember apple rating
      i agree with TA jennifer about working with a TA that specializes in destination weddings...picking a resort to have a destination wedding is way more complicated than trying to find a regular vacation resort.

TA jill is fantastic and also a cancun bride.

my 2 cents:
      Dreams has a great wedding department as does Palace resorts. palace also offers free amenities when doing a group block (min. # of rooms are required).

Karisma Resorts (azul) does great weddings but I have had some issues with their level of customer service and some of their wedding policies so I chose to no longer book weddings with them...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 chirorach

chirorach
      • 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

Welcome to the forum! I have learned so many valuable wedding tips on this website. Hope you have as great of luck as me! Congrats and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users