Photo

Engaged at the top of the Empire State Building!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 staceyg

staceyg
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

My fiance and I have been together for years and I honestly never thought he would propose!! Last year, we took a trip to NYC for New Years with a group of friends and one night he convinced us all to go to the Empire State Building. After waiting for over an hour just to get to the last line before the top, it was announced that since there were so many people waiting, it would be about another hour wait just to go up. At this point, we were running out of time as we had a bus to catch to go back to our hotel so we had to decide to stay or go. Just as we were deciding this, they made another announcement - if anyone wanted to take the stairs (something like 6 flights?) they they could! People just started jumping the line and running for the stairwell! Quickly, we jumped the line and ran too!

Once on the top, we all separated to take in the amazing view of the city. My fiance and I cozied up (it was the end of December and cold!) to admire the view and next thing I knew there was a ring before my eyes! I was so shocked that I had to ask him if it was for real and if he was serious! haha Once the initial shock wore off, I of course said YES!!!

For me, it was the most romantic and most perfect proposal! I couldn't be happier and can't wait until we're Mr & Mrs!!
    Looking to share a Photographer...
    We will be in Varadero, Cuba the end of April 2010 and are getting married at the Iberostar Varadero on April 27th. If there are any brides interested in sharing a photographer PM me!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/8gWOm3.png

#2 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

Cute story - congratulations! The view from the empire state bldg is really amazing - what a great place to get engaged!

#3 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
      • 286 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

What a wonderful proposal! And I'll bet it was cold - I was up in Nov last year and brrrrrr! Hope everything's going well with the planning!

#4 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
        • 1,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

What an amazing proposal!! Congrats and happy planning :)
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

Such a great story, thanks for sharing!
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 dallasbride

dallasbride
            • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

What a thoughtful guy! It sounds like he put a lot of planning into the night. Congrats!

#7 ddk5576

ddk5576
              • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

Sounds just perfect...like a movie!! Happy for you both!! Sounds like you are ready!! Congrats!!

#8 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

I love it!!! That is such an amazing place to get engaged, congrats!

#9 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                  • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

Awww what a great proposal! Thanks for sharing and congrats!

#10 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

I always dreamed of getting engaged up there! So gorgeous... I'm jealous!! CONGRATS :)
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users