Photo

Realistically Speaking...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 heartbeat

heartbeat
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Chaklit- Have you looked at the The Ruins At the Falls it’s a restaurant…it was a place I was considering because was having the issue of a lot of my guest already being in JA because that’s where my FH is form….I tried to upload the menu so you could see the prices but for some reason i couldnt you can PM ur email and i'll send it to you....I did some calculations and I couldn’t get the prices for under 5,000 for 200 for dinner… I did get pretty close for lunch though.

#12 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
    • 260 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

heartbeat -

My top 2 thus far are the Coyaba Gardens and the Ruins ...we're headed home in feb or march to start making deposits and checking places out. I'll PM you my email adddy...b/c I didn't get to see any prices on the site. Thanks!
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#13 kerrij

kerrij
      • 300 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

Wow 200 people! I was surprised by how expensive a wedding is at an AI. we have about 50 people coming with us, at $2000 a person, you would think they wouldn't charge us for every single thing! i'm going the cheap route at our AI, GBP, and have lucked out that our wedding, from the ceremony to dinner to dance/DJ, steel drums and photographer is going to be about, $5000 for 50 people. You'd think since my group is bringing in all that money they would do weddings a little cheaper...and i'm going the cheap route. not complaining, just took me a while to overcome the costs as we decided on a DW to save money. lol
        happy planning! that will be so nice to have so many people celebrate your day with you!

#14 SSNM

SSNM
        • 675 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by kerrij
          Wow 200 people! I was surprised by how expensive a wedding is at an AI. we have about 50 people coming with us, at $2000 a person, you would think they wouldn't charge us for every single thing! i'm going the cheap route at our AI, GBP, and have lucked out that our wedding, from the ceremony to dinner to dance/DJ, steel drums and photographer is going to be about, $5000 for 50 people. You'd think since my group is bringing in all that money they would do weddings a little cheaper...and i'm going the cheap route. not complaining, just took me a while to overcome the costs as we decided on a DW to save money. lol
          happy planning! that will be so nice to have so many people celebrate your day with you!
          Hi Kerrij!
          2 questions:

1) Does your $5000 wedding include rings, attire, gifts (i.e.OOT bags, favors, BM/GM gifts, parents gifts, bridegroom gifts, etc), and airfare/accomodations?

2) At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what is GBP? (I am guessing either Grand Bahia Principle, which makes sense, or Great Britian Pounds, which doesn't make sense )

#15 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
          • 260 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kerrij
            5G's for 50 ppl makes me nervous!!
            I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users