Sign in to follow this  
purpleshells

Montreal brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
We too would've liked Jamaica because it looked awesome, but we can't justify the price for us or our guests. My mom got invited to a DW in Jamaica and she said no because of the price (that was before I got engaged, now she has a double reason for saying no. cheesy.gif).
Exactly.. We wouldn't of have any guest comming. So we decided our goal in the next few years would be to go to Negril and stay at Sandals. lol

My FI has a daughter, and we want children of our own, so in a few years it's the Beaches we'd like to visit. It looks very good for the children and has some awesome waterslides!

But if it was a trip just the two of us then we would definitely go to a Sandals.

She will be 12 at the time of the wedding so probably more of a Junior Bridesmaid than a flower girl. Well, actually the choice will be hers, if she prefers to throw flowers and carry our rings, or have her own bouquet. :)

We are hesitating between Iberostar Varadero and Ibersostar Laguna Azul, both in Varadero, Cuba.

What made you choose your resort and the Dominican over Cuba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
We are hesitating between Iberostar Varadero and Ibersostar Laguna Azul, both in Varadero, Cuba.

What made you choose your resort and the Dominican over Cuba?
Ohh I heard they are both nice.. never been to either but by the reviews I'd say Varadero gets a bit better review.

The food! it's a hard thing in cuba. I was afraid some people may not want to come because it's cuba and it's not known for their food. It is hard to find a great resort with great food at all times (but again that's any country/resort you go to) I've been to Cuba 3 times and 3 different resorts.. best being Sandals (and thats an adult only resort, I was looking for something for everyone) I never really look forward to eating down there(except at Sandals, I actually miss the food sometimes lol).. just the beach is amazing and to die for and I really wanted people to enjoy everything.
So far so good tho,the resort I picked has nothing but good reviews for the food.

Don't get me wrong, we will still vacation in Cuba ( a lot) we love it there and we can tolerate the food (not everyone can/could)

Yeah. I've been to Cuba three times and I know the food isn't the best. But at least apparently the Iberostar are known for having better food than other resorts. I prefer Cuba to DR for the beach, though I'm not sure that's such a good reason anymore because both Iberostars really don't have the best beaches of the area.

I guess I just found it easier to choose a resort in Cuba because I feel like I "know" the place a bit better...

Just remembered another reason why we chose Cuba over the Dominican. It seemed like all the wedding packages in DR were very expensive. Not to mention that the reception dinner were for a limited number of people, having to pay extra for every guest over. Since we might be a big group, that can increase the price quickly.

Just out of curiosity, how much are you paying for your wedding package?

You are right, Jamaica is way more expensive than Cuba! I probably wouldn't go to someone else's wedding at that cost. Since it's just us, I wanted it to be "special", so I chose somewhere we're not likely to return (Well, maybe a vow renewal in 10 years?...). Also, with only 2, with the "free" wedding package, the cost of a nice 4-5* resort in Cuba + wedding package amounted very close to a standard room at Couples. However, I did spring for the Veranda Beachfront, it looks perfect!

As for Cuba, I love it there, and certainly considered it to get married on the beach, since their beaches are extra fabulous. I never had problem with the food, but I'm not very picky, juts went for the staples: fresh cut veggies, fish, fruit for dessert. I think it's a great choice, and the formalities if you're both single (not divorced) are even simpler than Jamaica!