Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
purpleshells

Montreal brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel4983 View Post
Hey girls!!

Another Montreal bride! We live in NDG, too! We're getting married at the Majestic Colonial in July this year. Can't wait! We will be doing a symbolic ceremony and secretly doing a small legal ceremony here before we leave. Has anyone ever done that? We got all of the papers we have to fill in from Etat Civil, but things are always so complicated in this province... nothing is straight forward! Any guidance that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to this thread Mel! It's always nice to have other brides from this area, since we re in short supply here! As for the legal ceremony, can't be of any help, we are all doing in Jamaica, pretty easy there, but I understand the worry about formalities. Just getting my birth certificates translated got me a few sleepless nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
My first wedding was a civil ceremony and it wasn't very hard. just fill in the forms and make an appointment, about 3 weeks later. That was it. For this wedding we have decided to do a secret civil ceremony too. We will just keep our parents in the loop, but not tell them until it is very close.

As for the boudoir shoot, I'm not doing one (budget too tight, and went over budget for my wedding dress, oops), but if I ahd been I would have used Amelie Cousineau.
AMÉLIE COUSINEAU Photographe
I really wish I could bring her to Cuba and do the boudoir shoot, as I love her style. At least I'll get to do a studio shoot with her and my FI, as we won it at the Salon Marions-Nous. :-D
I thought your FI was totally against doing the legal part here, so I guess the budget won out! (And I think the money you spent on your dress is better spent, it looks terrific!) Do you think your parents will be disappointed?

And this photographer is fantastic... I wonder how much a boudoir session would run me, did you get any pricing? This would make great souvenirs when we are old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok View Post
I thought your FI was totally against doing the legal part here, so I guess the budget won out! (And I think the money you spent on your dress is better spent, it looks terrific!) Do you think your parents will be disappointed?

And this photographer is fantastic... I wonder how much a boudoir session would run me, did you get any pricing? This would make great souvenirs when we are old.
Thanks, I do love my dress!

He was REALLY against the idea, but he also didn't like "wasting" all that money on translating papers (we are both divorced so it was getting ridiculous). I suggested to him to call a few of his most trusted friends, some of whom are also close family friends, to get their advice. They all said "who cares if you get the legal stuff here, nobody is going there to see you sign papers". So now he has come around. :-) I don't think my parents will care at all, but his parents are much more traditional, so maybe... Hope not.

The actual boudoir shoot with Amelie Cousineau is not very expensive, about a 100$ for one hour I believe. What's expensive is that each individual picture you choose to buy is 45$. It can add up very fast. She does retouch every single picture though, so that's why it's expensive. I think it's also an extra 10$ per picture if you want them digitally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mel, Welcome!

love seeing MTL brides!!

 

I was thinking of doing this to safe money (would be cheaper to be legally married and then do a symbolic ceremony in Punta Cana) so I got the info for it.

You fill the papers out, and you must make an appointment, the lady said it could take up to 2 months. So do that a.s.a.p if she is right.

Other then that I didn't go any further as it was just for info, and we decided we are just doing the legal ceremony down south.

 

Boudoir, I am doing one.. next week actually. my budged was supper tight as I've been off of work, so the lady was so right in my price line. Though she is in cornwall so I'll take the drive down there. $75 for half hour session no pictures included but you get the cd, and that includes the hotel room for your session. If you want her contact info just pm me!

Happy Planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
The actual boudoir shoot with Amelie Cousineau is not very expensive, about a 100$ for one hour I believe. What's expensive is that each individual picture you choose to buy is 45$. It can add up very fast. She does retouch every single picture though, so that's why it's expensive. I think it's also an extra 10$ per picture if you want them digitally.
Oh wow, and they are in mtl? it's pretty cheap for an hour.. is ther any extra fee to be able to just buy the cd instead?

Do you have a pic of your dress, would love to see it!!! where did you get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Oh wow, and they are in mtl? it's pretty cheap for an hour.. is ther any extra fee to be able to just buy the cd instead?

Do you have a pic of your dress, would love to see it!!! where did you get it?
Her studio is on Ile Perrot, just off the 20 close to the West Island. No clue how much it would be to just buy the CD, though when I asked about pricing I got the impression that she doesn't do that.

I can't post a pic of my dress here, as my FI sometimes surf around this forum. He knows to stay off the wedding dresses thread, but that's it. LOL You can check it out in this thread, post 714:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...5/index72.html

Let us know how your boudoir shoot goes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
Her studio is on Ile Perrot, just off the 20 close to the West Island. No clue how much it would be to just buy the CD, though when I asked about pricing I got the impression that she doesn't do that.

I can't post a pic of my dress here, as my FI sometimes surf around this forum. He knows to stay off the wedding dresses thread, but that's it. LOL You can check it out in this thread, post 714:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...5/index72.html

Let us know how your boudoir shoot goes!!
ok great thanks for the info!

Really, I could only dream my FI would surf on this site!!! lol your so lucky!!!
I love your dress, it's stunning and perfect for the location. Great find!!! You'll look so beautiful in it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!!

 

Yes, I know I'm very lucky to have a FI that is very involved in the wedding planning. :-) Though we do get tensed with each other sometimes when we have to sit at the computer and actually *work* on something wedding related. I think he has keyboard/mouse control issues, doesn't want me to use it. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNMel View Post
The actual boudoir shoot with Amelie Cousineau is not very expensive, about a 100$ for one hour I believe. What's expensive is that each individual picture you choose to buy is 45$. It can add up very fast. She does retouch every single picture though, so that's why it's expensive. I think it's also an extra 10$ per picture if you want them digitally.
Ouch! It would be over 500$ for 10 pics! Her pics are beautiful, but I'll have to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
LOL
My FI is the same way!!! he wont let me touch anything for the pc if we are working together, I think it's why I said forget it, i'll just do it on my own lol
Problem solved here: we each have our own computer, and sit side by side to point out things to each other!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok View Post
Ouch! It would be over 500$ for 10 pics! Her pics are beautiful, but I'll have to pass.


Problem solved here: we each have our own computer, and sit side by side to point out things to each other!!!
yeah, that is a lot of money!!!!! totally can't afford that.

LOL!! we too have 2 pc's, but he alway try's to control my pc. But I gotta give in I guess, I have control over everything else, even the t.v remote lol wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×