Photo

Beach Reception anyone??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 truelove4life

truelove4life
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

I am trying to organize my thoughts and get some ideas on how to plan out our special day. One idea I had in mind was to have the reception on the beach in the evening with torches and candles. Has anyone ever done that in Cuba?? If so, is there an extra cost involved in taking the meal outdoors instead of booking it in one of the specialty restaurants?? Or are there other ideas that I could do for my wedding??

#2 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
    • 199 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Congrats and welcome....

We are getting married at Playa Pesquero and that is exactly what we are doing. We have booked the outdoor BBQ for our reception however there is an extra fee of $30 CUC per person. The resort sets it all up - we will probably bring some extra candles etc as I think they just provide hanging lights. Hope that helps.
      http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#3 truelove4life

truelove4life
      • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Thanks so much! That definitely helps ... kind of gives me an idea that it is possible as well as the price range that I could be looking at should I chose that route. Let me know how it turns out! I think a beach reception sounds so romantic ... and perfect for a destination wedding. :)

#4 Barrierunner

Barrierunner
        • 166 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

Wow what a great idea, I didn't even think of that. Lots to consider as I plan my special day. Where in Cuba are you getting married?

#5 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
          • 512 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi there - it's a fab idea and exactly what we did as well!

It was $35 CUC/per person for the beach dinner, but it was fantabulous. Not only was it the perfect way to eat at a destination wedding, but it made sure we were alone and separate from the rest of the resort and restaurants/buffet. Also, the way our resort was, we had a bar to ourselves because we were right beside the beach bar. So, we had 3 waiters, plus 2 barmen to ourselves for the entire evening. :) It was utter bliss and well worth the extra money (seeing as the rest of the wedding was free!) You can see the table setup and are in my wedding pic links below.

#6 Salamander

Salamander
            • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

Does anyone know if any of the resorts in Varadero do this? A beach reception is such a great idea!

#7 pinklori

pinklori
              • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hey,
                I'm getting married at the Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero and for $40 CUC per person (free for the bride and groom) you can take a catamaran to a private island and have a reception on the beach with a sunset dinner followed by drinks and dancing on the boat on the way to back to the resort! I'm hoping to do that as long as I can convince FI! :)

#8 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Bumping this up!

#9 truelove4life

truelove4life
                  • 40 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I just think it is such a unique idea ... and it keeps you a bit separated from other resort guests, which is nice and private. We haven't booked our resort yet but we are 98% sure it will be the new Iberostar Laguna Azul. I wonder if they would do a beach reception there ....

#10 RonNMel

RonNMel
                    • 388 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

If you find out about whether or not Laguna Azul does beach reception, and how much it would be, please let us know here. I'd be interested to know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users