Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Quote

We got a preliminary quote from Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach for our wedding there. We haven't committed yet but thought I'd share and see if anyone has any comments . . .

Location Fee (Beach) . . . $900.00 USD

Ceremony Package #3 (31 to 60 people) . . . . $3,139.00 USD

- Wedding Ceremony performed in English by a Minister

- Decoration of the wedding area with seasonal flowers

- Bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers *

- Boutonniere for the groom with seasonal flower to match the bridal bouquet *

- One hour of live music for the ceremony

- Aisle runner

- Banquet Chairs with covers and ties

- Set up fee

- Microphone & speakers

- Wedding coordinator assistance

- Tax and service inclusive

* we aren't having a wedding party (no bridesmaids or groomsmen) so this doesn't include any flowers for the wedding party

Cocktail Hour (in leiu of traditional dinner type reception)

Location Fee (Manila Bar terrace) . . . . complementary

Appetizzers . . . . . $1,778.00 USD

- Shrimp taquitos

- Pumpkin flower quesadillas

- Pork carnitas

- Assorted Mexican Salsas

- Corn chips

- Guacamole

- Sausage and potato Sopes

(Price is $28 USD per person + 10% federal tax + 17% service x 50 people = $1,778.00)

Drinks . . . . . $1,651.00 USD

1 hour of domestic open bar

(Price is $26 USD per person + 10% federal tax + 17% service x 50 people = $1,651.00)

The only sticking point we have right now is the group room rates that we were quoted from Karina. She quoted us $220/night + 13% room tax + 10% resort fee + $7 porterage service which comes out to be like $277/night. I've emailed her and asked if this can be negotiated because the other places we've gotten prices from (Sheraton & Fiesta Americana) are lower than this. And also, you can get that exact same price through the Sunset Beach website right now if you book airfare and hotel together! How is that a "group rate" then??

Has anyone had success negotiating the room rates?

Thanks!

Rebekah

Rebekah - i know we have been talking through email ...but I just have to say...the Appetizers you listed are what we had and they were delicious.....everyone loved them!!!!

Also, we did a Blue Margarita as our "signature drink"....Everyone raved about it....It was wonderful.

You must do your cocktail hour at the sky pool - the views are the best EVER, and perfect to watch the sunset.....

PBSB does an awesome job, everything is done so classy - I could go on and on. If I could ever get some wedding pictures, I could post on here for all to seee!

Thanks Lauren! I'm still waiting to hear back from Karina on whether or not they will come down on the room rates at all. It's been about a week now and still haven't heard anything about it. It's not as much of a concern for our costs but we'd like to try to keep the costs down for our family and friends if we can.

I'll have to ask about changing the cocktail hour location to the Sky Pool! How do they section off the wedding party/reception area? Or do they? Do you just mingle with the hotel guests? :)

Rebekah

So, I finally got a response back from Karina at Sunset Beach about the group room rates and they are going to be able to come down in the cost for us! Woo Hoo! I also had the cocktail hour with appetizers changed to the Sky Pool like you suggested, Lauren. Thanks for the recommendation/review! I can't wait for you to get your pictures so I can sneak a peak through them.

The location fees for both the beach ceremony and the Sky Pool will be waived if we can meet the room block requirement, which I don't think will be a problem for us either.

I think we are good to go now! Now I can get excited. :)

Don't think I have to decide this now but was wondering what kind of music people had during their ceremonies? The ceremony package comes with 1 hour of live music (harp/guitar/violin/flute/bass solos or combinations) and I have no idea what to pick . . . Anyone with opinions on ceremony music are welcome to comment! :)

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi! I'll be getting married at PBSB in 10/10 - just wondering if you guys had any advice after your weddings.

We'll be doing the sky pool for the cocktail hour and the reception. Did anyone do a full reception, or just the cocktail hour?

Alexa

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone, I know this post is pretty old but I wondered if anyone had any advice for me. Our wedding will be at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in July 2014. I am currently waiting on further pricing details back from the resort now. We are booking the hotel stay and flights through a Travel Agent and are happy with our room deal...however I am wondering about their different fees and how negotiable some of those are. I noticed above that one of you guys had the location fees waived, THAT'S GREAT!! How did you approach that with them? They definitely take a LONG time to get back to you via email, any suggestions there? Anyway, any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi TiffanyTodd724

We are looking at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in August 2014 too.  I am curious if you don't mind sharing your Travel Agent info, I am curious if it is easier to work with a travel agent or have my guests rely on internet prices?

• 10 months later...

Hi All! 

I'm getting married at PBSB next week - did any of you stay all-inclusive? We are all staying all-inclusive, so our breakdown of fees is a little different than what you described above. I'm looking for information on what is reasonable to tip the DJ/bartender/waitstaff/coordinator? Any advice is appreciated!