Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica


  • Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#161 lmarie

lmarie
  • Jr. Member
  • 211 posts

    Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

    Thanks tris and acw.. they sent me the form as well, I have not paid yet, I just decided on my flowers the other day. I was just wondering if anyone else paid by credit card through that email, and if it went fine.



    #162 ashley490

    ashley490
    • Newbie
    • 136 posts

      Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

      Welcome ahehr!  I'm getting married the same week you're planning for, I'm on the 18th at 4 pm.  I've read that the ceremony is quite short, about 15 minutes, so I thought that would be lots of time for pictures before dinner at 6:30pm.  I'm flying out of Winnipeg with Air Canada Vacations.  We got a price of $1860 taxes in, plus every 11th adult free.  Again it's high season so it is more money, but I figured it was worth it.  Also, my travel agent advised me that it was at least $100 cheaper to fly between Jan. 1-14, so as long as your departure date fits within the first 2 weeks of January your price should be a little cheaper.

       

       

      Originally Posted by ahehr 

      I am a newbie to this!!  Planning to get married the week of Jan 16-23, 2012, can anyone give me Beverley's email addy so I can try to get in contact with her for dates available that week?  What is your best advice on time of day getting married at that time of year? Also, what kind of rates are you getting for the resort, we are flying out of calgary and our TA is giving us a quote of $1769 p/p taxes in?  What do you suggest to try and get a better rate?

       

      thanks a byunch for the help any of you brides can give me!  This site is awesome!!



       


      Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

      #163 BusyBee123

      BusyBee123
      • Jr. Member
      • 335 posts

        Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

        Sounds like everyone has their flowers on board! Guess I should get started! lol

         

        I emailed Tai Flora about a week ago requesting the catalogue with prices but have never heard anything back.  Where did you guys get all of the info?  Is there some kind of catalogue with pricing information that I should be asking Chadlyn for rather than contacting Tai directly?

         

        Thanks so much!

         

        Originally Posted by lmarie 

        Thanks tris and acw.. they sent me the form as well, I have not paid yet, I just decided on my flowers the other day. I was just wondering if anyone else paid by credit card through that email, and if it went fine.



         



        #164 lmarie

        lmarie
        • Jr. Member
        • 211 posts

          Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

          Busybee, Tia Flora was a little slow answering my initial email, but have been pretty good since then with getting back to me.

           

          They emailed me the catalogue of all of the bridal bouquets. And I picked and choose which flowers I liked, I picked some from different bouquets and am getting it customized to my taste.

           

          Maybe try emailing them again? Here is the email address that I have been contacting them at : ochorios@taiflora.com
           



          #165 BusyBee123

          BusyBee123
          • Jr. Member
          • 335 posts

            Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:59 PM


            Thank you so much Imarie! I really appreciate it! Will try them at this email!
             

            Originally Posted by lmarie 

            Busybee, Tia Flora was a little slow answering my initial email, but have been pretty good since then with getting back to me.

             

            They emailed me the catalogue of all of the bridal bouquets. And I picked and choose which flowers I liked, I picked some from different bouquets and am getting it customized to my taste.

             

            Maybe try emailing them again? Here is the email address that I have been contacting them at : ochorios@taiflora.com
             



             



            #166 tris

            tris
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

              Another Winnipeg girl :)

              I leave in exactly 2 weeks! We're flying through West Jet though... we're just in the start of the off season so we ended paying around $1500 each... now the price has dropped to like $1100. Ugh. Oh well, what can you do though :)
               

              Originally Posted by ashley490 

              Welcome ahehr!  I'm getting married the same week you're planning for, I'm on the 18th at 4 pm.  I've read that the ceremony is quite short, about 15 minutes, so I thought that would be lots of time for pictures before dinner at 6:30pm.  I'm flying out of Winnipeg with Air Canada Vacations.  We got a price of $1860 taxes in, plus every 11th adult free.  Again it's high season so it is more money, but I figured it was worth it.  Also, my travel agent advised me that it was at least $100 cheaper to fly between Jan. 1-14, so as long as your departure date fits within the first 2 weeks of January your price should be a little cheaper.

               

               



               



               


              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

              #167 ashley490

              ashley490
              • Newbie
              • 136 posts

                Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

                Wow, you must be getting so excited tris...only 2 more weeks!!!  I'm excited for you  lol!  $1500 is a great price especially if you've been booked for awhile already, not to mention that WestJet is awesome!  It does suck a bit seeing the prices drop, but like you said not much we can do about it.

                 

                Originally Posted by tris 

                Another Winnipeg girl :)

                I leave in exactly 2 weeks! We're flying through West Jet though... we're just in the start of the off season so we ended paying around $1500 each... now the price has dropped to like $1100. Ugh. Oh well, what can you do though :)
                 



                 



                 


                Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

                #168 BusyBee123

                BusyBee123
                • Jr. Member
                • 335 posts

                  Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:15 AM


                  I wouldn't let it bother you Tris!  Its only 2 weeks away! And the likelihood of you being able to book your entire group at that rate would be next to impossible! I still think you got a great price out of Winnipeg!  

                  Originally Posted by tris 

                  Another Winnipeg girl :)

                  I leave in exactly 2 weeks! We're flying through West Jet though... we're just in the start of the off season so we ended paying around $1500 each... now the price has dropped to like $1100. Ugh. Oh well, what can you do though :)
                   



                   



                   



                  #169 Kristo

                  Kristo
                  • Newbie
                  • 68 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

                    Hey guys, totally new here and i've been trying to read through this thread to get some information on the wedding package pricing offered by the resort.  Looks like we're booking for May 2012 (yah!) and i'm still waiting to hear back from the resort on the pricing packages.  Any help/tips would be appreciated!!!

                    #170 JJ17

                    JJ17
                    • Newbie
                    • 1 posts

                      Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

                      Were flying out of Winnipeg too!  Were getting married January 26,2012 :)  Does anyone have some advice on where to start??






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users