Sign in to follow this  
tim-juleswed

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

Hi Breeze616, not sure if you are still active on here but I am also comparing those 2 hotels the closest and my head is spinning! I also want to know about the costs for the actual wedding itself as I have seen some crazy prices out there and don't want to get caught off guard. We will have 50+ guests at our wedding in January 2012 but we haven't confirmed the PLACE yet. I think I am down to Iberostar and Gran Bahia as RIU is not accessible from the hicks of Saskatoon apparently!?! We'd have to drive to Edmonton or Calgary at this point.

Have you gotten much info? I have been reading on this forum for days it seems and I am not finding that info which is driving me mad lol!

OH MAN I JUST SAW YOUR WEDDING DATE!!!!! 2 more days!!!! Okay, I hope to hear from you AFTER your perfect day and best of luck!!! Kari

Hey Kari,

My actual wedding cost just under $4500 Canadian. I got the Sunshine package, which is for maybe 24 ppl. and then had to pay for each additional person (we had 59). I also got the steel drum band, and rented the gazebo with a dj and bartenders. Here is the breakdown (all prices in US). Package $1100, additional ppl $980, add. chair covers (I had to pay for each chair after 24) $140, gazebo $500, bar $550, steel band $400, plus tax....

Hope that helps!

I'm also putting up some of the professional photos for you to see!! (These were not taking by the resort photographer. I hired my own from here...)wedding 2.jpg

My ring and flowers

wedding 11.jpg

wedding 13.jpg

wedding 18.jpg

wedding 21.jpg

wedding 28.jpg

dress 1.jpg

dress 4.jpg

dress 13.jpg

dress 17.jpg

dress 20.jpg

StephAli, your pictures are beautiful!!!

You didnt hire a photographer from Jamacia did you?

What kind of flowers are in your bouquet? Where did you order them from? I LOVE them!! thanks so much for sharing your phoots.

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

Hey Kari,

My actual wedding cost just under $4500 Canadian. I got the Sunshine package, which is for maybe 24 ppl. and then had to pay for each additional person (we had 59). I also got the steel drum band, and rented the gazebo with a dj and bartenders. Here is the breakdown (all prices in US). Package $1100, additional ppl $980, add. chair covers (I had to pay for each chair after 24) $140, gazebo $500, bar $550, steel band $400, plus tax....

Hope that helps!

I'm also putting up some of the professional photos for you to see!! (These were not taking by the resort photographer. I hired my own from here...)wedding 2.jpg

My ring and flowers

wedding 11.jpg

wedding 13.jpg

wedding 18.jpg

wedding 21.jpg

wedding 28.jpg

dress 1.jpg

dress 4.jpg

dress 13.jpg

dress 17.jpg

dress 20.jpg

Thanks ladies!!

I hired a photographer from Ontario.... She was so amazing! 

The flowers were orchids and they were included in my package! I had wanted blue flowers to go with my bridal party, so Beverly suggested these ones and then had the florist spray paint the middle blue! (With paint that wouldnt come off on my dress) 

Your flowers were beautiful, I loved the blue, but since it was spray paint and wouldnt come off your dress, I might not go with that then. haha

nono....it wouldnt come off onto my dress! sorry about that! I was worried that if the flowers touched me I would be covered in blue, but she assured me that once its dry there no need to worry!

haha. ok. Im glad your dress was not ruined and mine would not be either!

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

nono....it wouldnt come off onto my dress! sorry about that! I was worried that if the flowers touched me I would be covered in blue, but she assured me that once its dry there no need to worry!

Hi StephAli! I have been in Egypt for awhile and just got home and saw your AMAZING pix!!! Thank you so much for posting those. A wedding for $4500 sounds reasonable enough so I appreciate you posting that as well. Did your pay for your photographers trip down and then pay for pix on top of that? Just wondering how people are doing that as that could add a lot of extra cost!!

It looked like a perfect day. And would you recommend the resort? Enough for people to do? Now that I am back from Egypt I need to overwhelm myself again and get this wedding planned as it will be less than a year from now...and a dress would be nice!

Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you. My other email addy is crusherkc@yahoo.ca if that is easier too :-)

CONGRATS again!