Alcohol before Wedding

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

Funny, I spoke to my gfriend that was at her neices wedding in Mexico last January and she was telling me the WC was having a glass of champagne with them before the walk down the aisle. Gfriend said it was the WC that told her neice to have a glass of champagne to calm her down. She was to one that opened the champagne and poured for the ladies in the room.
    I also wasn't told anything about a chest xray to get married in Mexico,just blood work... One of my reasons to get the legal part done here before we leave. I bruise badly from needles (Black huge, you look like you have been beaten) I didn't want that in my wedding pictures.

#22 svetayasofiya

• 590 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by amybermuda
      I am definitely going to be drinking while getting ready for my wedding. I just was MOH for my best friend and had bought 8 bottles of champagne, and had to get my FI to go out and get 6 more bottles for us. The bride had maybe one or 2 glasses to avoid the droopy eye stuff - haha - but the rest of us were drinking a lot. I think it was smart of the bride to stop after a glass or 2. And her pictures turned our beautiful!
      Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

We didn't have a legal ceremony in Mexico, so I'm not 100% sure, but the WC at our hotel was pouring for us while we were getting ready and waiting to get people seated.

I would understand if they had concerns if you were slurring and staggering drunk, but I can't imagine anyone would care if you'd had a glass or two of champagne before hand!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#24 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

I think if you can walk down the aisle and not fall over you are good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users