• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scottishbride

• 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

I am having a civil ceremony wedding in Cancun and have read somewhere else that the Justice of the Peace does not give you vows to say and repeat...

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I assumed it would be the same as at home where the justice of the peace says the vows and then you repeat them back?

Any help very much appreciated!

#2 nicitica

• 186 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

I saw a link one one of the Cancun wedding planners sites about different ceremonies, but can't find it. I think we are going to go to the courthouse here in Chicago to make it easier and do a simple ceremony with a rev in Mx. This way we could make it the way we want it. But I don't know what I want... if you have any ideas we could share. I wonder if there is another post on here already for vows, etc. I don't see why you couldn't add whatever you want this way you know what you are getting
      Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

It is true that in a Mexican civil ceremony you must use the legal verbage in the legal language (spanish). For those that want their wedding to be legal but personal, some have the civil ceremony in a little nook somewhere and then perform the personalized one in front of their guests.

#4 nicitica

• 186 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

Does anyone have a starting point for vows?? I would love to work off of something rather than creating from scratch. :o)
          Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users