It's Official- I am an Atlantis Bride!!

classadiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbride317 View Post
YEA, DIVA!!!

I remember one of your earlier threads where you were really concerned about how your family and friends would take it that you wanted to have the wedding of your dreams at Atlantis, and I said you should TOTALLY go for it.....AND I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU DID!!!

Congratulations, sweetheart! Next July, the month in which your dream will become reality, will be here before you know it! wink.gif

Thank you...yes...I was stressed at the start...but with my Mom by my side and the SAGE advice found here by people like you....we just forged ahead...I am really excited...so much to do though!!! LOL

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited I found this forum! I'm getting married Sept 25, 2010 at the Atlantis and I'm super excited! I'm a little nervous because I have never been there before. I'm fly my own photographer there because Ive heard its much cheaper or the same price to do it. I will stay its better because he isn't charging me anything to do the wedding. I just have to pay for his flights and hotel (which with my room deal I saved $1000)!

I do have one question for anyone.... At the atlantis, can you block rooms for your guests and if you don't need them then drop them a month before the wedding.

Also, on the information from the resort, its says you can't split the $150 min over more then 2 meals. Did I read that right? Can that pay for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner?

Thanks everyone, I love all this info I'm getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride925 View Post
I'm so excited I found this forum! I'm getting married Sept 25, 2010 at the Atlantis and I'm super excited! I'm a little nervous because I have never been there before. I'm fly my own photographer there because Ive heard its much cheaper or the same price to do it. I will stay its better because he isn't charging me anything to do the wedding. I just have to pay for his flights and hotel (which with my room deal I saved $1000)!

I do have one question for anyone.... At the atlantis, can you block rooms for your guests and if you don't need them then drop them a month before the wedding.

Also, on the information from the resort, its says you can't split the $150 min over more then 2 meals. Did I read that right? Can that pay for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner?

Thanks everyone, I love all this info I'm getting!

Hi and welcome!!! So glad that you found us!! You will love the Atlantis....it is an amazing place. I think it was very smart to fly in your own photographer...I am doing the same.

To answer your questions, if you are thinking of getting a room block, I think you have to reserve a minimum of 10 rooms. Your contract will have provision for what is called attrition. You have to find out what your "attrition rate" will be. On 10 rooms you will probably be responsible for 9 roooms....if you cancel the 10th room in time (w/n 30 days probably of the wedding...check your contract.) If you do not book these rooms, you will still have to pay for them. If ian attrition rate provision is not in there...try to get one. I held 20 rooms and am responsible for 18 or I am on the hook. Thankfully...I am near that already. It was a risk, and one that the sales person did not suggest that I take. However, I wanted to make sure I had at least that many rooms at the discounted rate. So...double check what I am telling you, but if you want a group rate, you are going to have to commit to the rooms. How many people are you expecting?

They have other wedding packages if you need less than 10 rooms, but I do not thonk you get the group rate.

As for the $150 minimum, you will have NO problem spending that over two meals!!! LOL The plated meals are cheaper, but are for indoor venues only. I am having my reception outdoors and even for the buffet's on the low end of the price spectrum...say $80 per person, by the time you add liquor for 4 hours, a cocktail hour and a wedding cake...you are at $150 per person..no problem for that one event. I can't imagine having $150 to spread across two events at the Atlantis unless you are doing two indoor plated meals with minimal or no liquor.

Anyway..let me know if you have any other questions!!

Thanks classadiva! That helps alot! How are you using for your flowers? Ive heard Floral Arts is really expensive and they don't really give you want you ask for. Just wondering!

What about your cake? On the budget sheet it says $10 a piece! Just wondering what your findings are.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Thanks classadiva! That helps alot! How are you using for your flowers? Ive heard Floral Arts is really expensive and they don't really give you want you ask for. Just wondering!

What about your cake? On the budget sheet it says $10 a piece! Just wondering what your findings are.

Thanks again!
I ordered real touch flowers for myself and my bridal party despite the protests of my family!! LOL However, I am using Floral Arts for the decor at the ceremony and reception....they will do the floral centerpieces at the reception. I'm using very little flowers at the ceremony itself. I had read how expensive they were too..I also got quotes from a few other places. My suggestion..get quotes from Floral Arts and others so that you can compare. I'm expecting that I will get what I asked for...if not...that would not be good.

When you book, they will send you a "cake-book" with pages of cakes and prices. The prices can go up to almost $20 a person for cake. Much depends upon what type of cake you order and for how many people.

Bottom-line...speak to your wedding coordinator and explain the TRUTH about your finances and what you want to spend and see if they can put together a menu that fits into your budget Also, look into outside vendors for the things that you can such as the music.

Have you already booked? Your wedding coordinator should have sent you the cake-book and vendor list if you have. Also, the saleperson should explain the room requirements to you if you have already gone to contract. Good luck.

Thank you ladies for the well wishes...I am so excited!!

Hello -

Just to add my 2 cents. I used Full House Floral. They were the least expensive I could find for the same things I wantes. I don't know how it will turn out but they came highly recommended from the place I am having my reception. Here is the info

Full House Floral & Event Design Studio

83 Mackey Street

Nassau, Bahamas

Tel: (242) 394-3679

Tel: (954) 990-0915

Fax: (242) 356-6741

infoenchanted@yahoo.com

Full House Floral & Event Design- powered by SmugMug

I loved Michael and feel good about my choise.

I am using the Swiss Pastry shop for my cake. His name is Manfred and have heard good things about him as well.

MM

If anyone won't mind, could you post a couple pictures of your flowers that you had at your wedding/receptions? I know they have tons of pictures on their websites but you know they are just the pictures of their best work.

How did you guys pack your wedding dress.... I have a full sized dress so it will probably fit in one of my suit cases! HA

Quote:
If anyone won't mind, could you post a couple pictures of your flowers that you had at your wedding/receptions? I know they have tons of pictures on their websites but you know they are just the pictures of their best work.

How did you guys pack your wedding dress.... I have a full sized dress so it will probably fit in one of my suit cases! HA
Haven't had my wedding yet...so no pics as of yet...but I plan on taking my wedding dress with me on the plane in a garment bag.