Photo

Opinions needed on "the dress"!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 eloping789

eloping789
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:38 PM

OMG!!! It's beautiful and extremely flattering! I wouldn't think twice if I were you. Buy it!!

#32 lara&mike

lara&mike
    • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Angela~
      Lara, they also have that dress at Bridal Depot in Waterloo. I am pretty sure it's one of the ones I tried on. I'm not sure how much it is at Sophie's, but I think Bridal Depot price matches and I've heard WAY better things about them than Sophie's. I also had a much better experience there just trying dresses on. Worth checking out maybe? Good luck!
      Thanks Angela. I went in there before sophies and found their prices really expensive. However, that was when i wanted a cheaper dress. Then i ended up going to sophies and finding this dress and after i changed my mind on my first dress (in my budget) i was stuck with sophies to not lose my deposit (See previous post about my deposit..) and got this more expensive dress. Bridal depot was really nice though, and to be honest the mgr at sophies is a bit of a bitch.

oh, and did you know VS Pink is opening in Conestoga? Yayy! They open this weekend i think. Hopefully they carry some of their good stuff there and not just sweats...maybe they can order something??....fingers crossed!

#33 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

I know!! I can't believe the grand opening of the new part is tomorrow - Saturday. I was there on the weekend and the old food court hadn't been touched yet! I'll have to go and check it out on the weekend. I also hope Pink will have better stuff than just sweats.

#34 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

Very flattering!!! Love the dress!!

#35 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

You look INCREDIBLE, LARA!!!

I also love the flower just where it is, and think the dress fits you beautifully....but if you're not sure, you're not sure, you know? Just take all the time you need to make the RIGHT decision for you!

#36 TeNeil

TeNeil
            • 192 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

I think that your dress is stunning! Looks great on your tiny figure. I also love the flower right where it is.......adds a unique and sexy touch to the dress.
              I say "Buy it!"

#37 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
              • 484 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

I do love it too, and think it's totally flattering...but you have to believe in it and you have to get some sort of feeling about it!

I'm a pretty fuss free gal and so it didn't take me long to find my dress, but I'll will quote myself what I posted on another thread to another bride having second guessed her pick of dress:

"Dresses are like Men - there are so many different types, styles and colors you could try them all but you just have to believe in your choice and stick with it! lol"

Good luck with the decision! :o)
                Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#38 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
                • 484 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

Double post!
                  Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                  Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                  My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#39 SSNM

SSNM
                  • 675 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:57 AM

I like the dress on you :)

I actually like the flower where it is...my eyes were drawn to it right away and it is a nice touch. In fact, if it were me I would use that flower as a hair clip and get an even BIGGER flower for the dress...but I have particular tastes.

I would say the part of the dress that attracts me the least is the bottom...not doing a lot for me. Is there anything they can do with it to make it stand out a bit more? Maybe some feathers, or leaf-like flappings...I like the neck line as it is (I don't remember what a sweetheart neckline is right now).

Anyway, like others have said, it is still a lovely dress on you no matter what...but if you are not 100% hold off.

Smiles..

#40 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

love it and very flattering! sweetheart neckline would be gorgeous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users