Photo

Vows??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Does anyone know how the ceremony is performed? Should we write our own vows? Does anyone know if the ceremony is performed in English or spanish??

Please help, we are Finally departing on Nov 5th to punta cana and are set to get married on Nov 9th. We just thought about the vows but I don't really know what to expect down there.
    Any advice
    RIU MAMBO BRIDE

#2 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
    • 199 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

Who is performing your ceremony? If it's a Dominican official, they use Spanish - but some will translate it for you into English as well. You'd have to find out from the person organizing your ceremony.......

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Ours was a simple ceremony conducted by the minister in Spanish and translated by the WC (or you can have one of your guests read the translation). We added a hand ceremony and had a guest read that.

#4 ashleed

ashleed
        • 161 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

It will definitly depend on who is performing your ceremony. Rick York is performing our ceremony and it will be in English.

#5 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
          • 199 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

I just found a local lady who is ordained to perform marriages, and speaks perfect English. Let me know if you're interested.......hasta luego

#6 Hollie_Amber89

Hollie_Amber89
            • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering, if you have someone Spanish and your WC translating it all, do they still say all the traditional vows (in sickness and in health.. etc)? Or would you have to request this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users