Photo

Include Insert about AHR with wedding invites?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 linzangel

linzangel
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hey everyone-

My FMIL wants me to include an insert with our wedding invitations that talks about a AHR that we will be having at their house months after the wedding. Has anyone included this with their wedding inviation and if so, what did it say?

Thanks for your help! :-)

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

I haven't done this yet but plan on doing so with my invites. I've seen a lot of other examples from brides on here where they mention it on their RSVP cards e.g yes we're attending, sorry can't make it, and then can't make it to destination but we'll see you on such and such date in city location to celebrate at your reception.

Not the best example but I hope it makes sense.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:01 PM

To keep everyone happy - everyone who was invited to the AHR was also invited to the DW - even though we knew a lot of people would not be able to make/come to the DW. We wanted them to feel welcome to both. So, we included two invitations in the same - one for the DW and one for the AHR.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:10 AM

I think it could become confusing. One of the woman I worked with on invites also mentioned this.

Most people know you are going to have an AHR and we are sending separate invites for the AHR. Everyone we invite to the DW will also be invited to the AHR.

Hope that helps!

#5 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
          • 429 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by vlynnw
            I haven't done this yet but plan on doing so with my invites. I've seen a lot of other examples from brides on here where they mention it on their RSVP cards e.g yes we're attending, sorry can't make it, and then can't make it to destination but we'll see you on such and such date in city location to celebrate at your reception.

Not the best example but I hope it makes sense.
            Hmmm.. that's a great question!

I do like your idea vlynnw, having a note about
            __ Yes to DW
            __ No to DW (but Yes to AHR)

This would definitely save money on postage! My parents are divorced and have remarried so we have 300+ people to invite to our AHR! Yikes! ??

~ Erica

#6 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Good question! I was wondering about this too!!!
              *~*JENN*~*

#7 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

I sent STDs to the people we wanted at the DW (75 sent). Then the invites included the DW and AHR (150 sent). The invites had an RSVP card for the DW and a seperate one for the AHR, but only 1 return envelope. This has worked out really well for us!

#8 mich999

mich999
                • 386 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
                  To keep everyone happy - everyone who was invited to the AHR was also invited to the DW - even though we knew a lot of people would not be able to make/come to the DW. We wanted them to feel welcome to both. So, we included two invitations in the same - one for the DW and one for the AHR.

We did the exact same thing. Then on the rsvp, there were separate lines for yes/no to DW and yes/no to AHR. It worked out well and there was no connfusion by our guests. Our AHR was 6 weeks after the DW.

#9 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Regretfully no we. We only invited "some" of the family to our DW since we had told everyone that there was going to be an AHR saw no use into inserting something separate. We will send out DYI for the AHR accordingly..

#10 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
                    • 242 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

This is exactly what I was planning on doing! Glad to hear it worked out for you. How far in advance did you send yours out and did you give a deadline for responses? If so what date did you use for the deadline? My DW is May 15 and AHR June 5, so I don't want to send them too early.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by autjo
                      I sent STDs to the people we wanted at the DW (75 sent). Then the invites included the DW and AHR (150 sent). The invites had an RSVP card for the DW and a seperate one for the AHR, but only 1 return envelope. This has worked out really well for us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users