Sign in to follow this  
Candice

Fiance's dad past away!

Awe Candice, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your Father-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your FI and his family at this terrible time. I have some ideas to Honor those who have gone before us, my father passed away a while ago and I've been trying to incorporate him in the ceremony as well as a few other family members who have passed away.

On a thread somewhere in this forum there is talk of a bouquet picture frame - I'm not sure how large it is but you could do something for your FI boutonniere as well - then he can have him close to his heart. I want to do one of my Dad, I was also thinking of making a speech mentioning those who went before us and who couldn't be with us on our day - and maybe incorporating some pictures at the cake table with a place card naming our loved ones as sort of a tribute so we can have them with us.

Hope these help a bit, and again so sorry to hear of your loss.

Check out this thread, they have a lot of good ideas, Hope this helps too!

Thread: Memorial ideas for FI's dad?

Sorry I don't know how to post the direct link here ;o)

I am so sorry to hear this news I know how you are feeling since this recently happen to me this past June. PM me if you need to talk. I know that its not easy to deal with this.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It will be a wonderful token to honor him in your wedding. I've been to a wedding where people honored grandparents and those who have passed away by playing a special song and showing a slideshow, or doing a special reading in honor of that person.