Fiance's dad past away!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

• 223 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have been away for the last week because sadly my fiance's father past away suddenly last sunday. Its been a very tough and long week!! Its going to be very hard moving forward as my fiance was very close with his father and only son, two half sisters. He was and has been very strong for his mother and feels that now she is his responsibilty as his dad took such good care of her and he is now the "man of the house".

It was a very nice funeral he was a fire fighter, the honor guad was amazing and so many people came to honor him throughout the two days.

I am going to be searching through the threads to find something very special we can do to honor his father in our wedding.

Thanks Ladies.
    50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#2 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We're going to have a 7th chair (I have 6 guests) that will be left empty in honor of family members that have recently passed away. I will also be bringing photographs for my photographer to include in some of my "details" shots with my flowers and our rings, ect.

#3 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'm so sorry about your father in law - your family is in my thoughts and prayers

#4 amqueens

• 452 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

Aww. I am sooo sorry for your loss.
          - Anne-Marie

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

My condolences to your new family. Prayers out to you all.

The wedding will be an extra day to honor the man he was and how proud he was of his son. The wedding will probably help everyone as it will be such a special day and something to look forward to

#6 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#7 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

wow, that's really hard. I am so sorry. I think it's a really wonderful idea to honor him at your wedding.

#8 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

wow im so sorry - that is really tough news. But like the other ladies mentioned it will be great to honor him at your wedding

#9 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, Candice. You're in my thoughts.

#10 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

I am also sorry for your loss, I was recently at a wedding where the grooms dad and some grandparents had passed, the best man (his brother) and her MOH lit candles before the ceremony to honor all those that had passed and then during the ceremony the couple used those candles to light their unity candle. Hope that helps a bit, and again sorry for your loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users