June 2010 Mexico Wedding

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 daliax22

daliax22
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hello gorgeous brides,

My name is Kathy, I'm from New York and I'm planning a destination wedding in Mexico in June 2010. We have looked at many destinations. Puerto Rico was our first choice (Vieques Island) but we realized that an all-inclusive resort would be the best thing for our guests and unfortunately PR does not specialize in those. Then we looked at the Dominican Republic which has plenty of all inclusives but we realized that no matter how good the hotel deals are the flight is too expensive from NY. So that's how we found out that Mexico, Riviera Maya in particular and surrounding areas are our best bet. We want our guests to fly into Cancun because the flight prices are very reasonable and we are in love with Azul Sensatori by Karisma Hotels. We haven't booked anything yet but we are trying to negotioate with this hotel. Any help and suggestions would be helpful because we have gotten ignored by a few travel agencies and we're not sure what to do. Thanks!

XoXo,
    Kathy

#2 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
    • 821 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Azul Sensatori is awesome! I was debating between that hotel and Le Blanc in Cancun. They are sometimes hard to get a hold of but here is "Fabio's" email address: forjuela@karismahotels.com. Have you tried contacting a travel agent? There are tons on this site, as well as destinationweddings.com or a local agent. The sky wedding at Sensatori is my favorite!!!! How much are you wanting each person to spend?

#3 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#4 daliax22

daliax22
        • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
          Azul Sensatori is awesome! I was debating between that hotel and Le Blanc in Cancun. They are sometimes hard to get a hold of but here is "Fabio's" email address: forjuela@karismahotels.com. Have you tried contacting a travel agent? There are tons on this site, as well as destinationweddings.com or a local agent. The sky wedding at Sensatori is my favorite!!!! How much are you wanting each person to spend?
          Hi thefuturemrslutz,

Thanks for showing interest in my thread. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have an agent working on getting me Sensatori but I don't think it is going very well. Are you getting married there? I cannot really expect my guests to spend any more than $550 or possibly $600 a week. Did you negotiate anything with them?

#5 melette

melette
          • 893 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

HI Kathy! Welcome to the forum and Happy Planning!
            http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#6 jwilke5

jwilke5
            • 314 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Hi Kathy! Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your planning!

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hello congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum. We actually have some amazing travel agents on the forum, just click on that green banner at the top of your screen. Best of luck and happy planning

#8 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                • 344 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

Welcome and happy planning! The fun really begins after you book your resort!

#9 amqueens

amqueens
                  • 452 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

Congrats and Happy Planning!!
                    - Anne-Marie

#10 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
                    • 876 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

Congrats and welcome !
                      Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana