Photo

Need Help Finding Sand Dollars in Canada!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi girls I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find about 50 sand dollars..I would perfer a Canadian company that I could order online....OR....If anyone knows of any stores in Ontario that sells them in bulk that would be great too...I'm in Oakville area! Thanks in advance!

#2 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Have you looked on ebay?
      Maybe one of these would work?
      Sand Dollar on eBay Canada ? New and used items at discount prices on eBay.ca

#3 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
      • 484 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:37 AM

I got mine on ebay, that's the only place I could find them for a cheap price!
        Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
        Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
        My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#4 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
        • 519 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Thanks Ladies I will definatly be checking e-bay out then...I've never bought anything from e-bay before so I was sorta reluctant about it..hopefully they all come in one piece!

#5 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
          • 450 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hey there is a little wedding store in Hamilton that has a bunch of destination wedding stuff at a reasonable price. They are actually attached to the hall where we are having our stag and doe/AHR so it was a huge bonus when I found it last week.

They also said if they don't have something in stock (it's not really a big store), they will search for it, order it and pay the shipping!!
            Good luck!!

Here is the link wedding, essentials

#6 KarenM

KarenM
            • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by flipflop.tee
              Thanks Ladies I will definatly be checking e-bay out then...I've never bought anything from e-bay before so I was sorta reluctant about it..hopefully they all come in one piece!
              I understand your reluctance to buy from ebay, but I have actually bought a lot of stuff from them and have never had a problem. I recently bought a pair of shoes that I just love and when I received them they were too small. I contacted the seller & they're letting me exchange for a larger size.
              I say go for it - the prices are hard to beat!

#7 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
              • 519 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Ya my sister loves to buy stuff on e-bay so I may have to try..lol although Hamilton isn't very far from me either..

#8 isaidyes

isaidyes
                • 269 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

I have to admit that I had never heard of a sand dollar. I googled it and it looks cool. What would you use it for? Just decoration?

#9 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
                  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

lol sand dollars are so creepy when they're still alive. we used to dig them up on the beaches... not very often, mind you, but you could look for an airhole in the sand and if you dug for long enough/deep enough you could find one

#10 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
                    • 519 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

Wow I've never ever seen one alive come to mention it...weird now I wanna look it up..lol...I'm using them to add to our fans we are putting on each chair and we are putting ribbon through one of the holes and putting our names and the date on the sand dollar...I'll show pictures once I have all the sand dollars..it was my mom's idea actually and I have all the fans, the ribbon, and little charms that say "To Love and to Cherish"..now I just need the sand dollars so we can make it a little more personal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users