How did you lose weight before your wedding?
Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:24 PM
The problem is that I bought my wedding dresses in a size smaller, and they zip miraculously, but DON"T fit well!!! I am losing my mind, any secrets and inspiration totally would be appreciated!!!
Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:07 PM
Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:47 AM
CARDIO: I did two 35-45 minute sessions daily for 5 days a week
WEIGHT TRAINING: I split my workouts into 5 body parts for 5 days of the week (2 days one off, then 3 days on and one off): legs, chest, back, shoulders, biceps/triceps. I did medium to high reps (8-20) for 3 - 5 sets. I did about 3-5 exercises per body part. On one of the days, I did an extra full body circuit (5 exercises, 20-25 reps, 3 sets, 30 second rest between each round OR 2 minutes cardio in between eah round)
- NO CARBS. NO DIARY. NO FRUIT. NO EGG YOLKS. NO SALT (everything was low sodium to no sodium added)
- Basically I had 5 meals of LEAN protein and veggies (e.g. chicken breast and brocoli)
- The only carbs I had was sweet potato with 2 of my meals and 50g of oatmeal with 113 g of unsweetened applesauce with my breakfast.
- Condiments are okay (HP sauce, ketchup, mustard, etc)
- I ate every 2 - 3 hours on the clock but I also listened to my body and didn't force feed or underfeed myself.
- I drank A LOT of water until the day before the competition and then cut that to almost nothing. NO CRYSTAL LITE; it has asperteme which makes you bloated.
- I took 1-2 capsules of dandelion root with every meal for the 2 weeks prior to comp day. This acts as a diuretic so you lose water (I know this seems counter-intuitive when you are drinking more water. What is happening is that you are tricking your body into going into 'expel water mode' so when you stop drinking the body just expels the water in your body very quickly)
So that was my regiment to get as leaned out as possible so that all the muscles show. I lost about 3 lbs a week on this regime while cheating left and right, so if you stick with it, you may see even better results. However, it can feel like crap and once you start eating your body will absorb it quickly so on the day of and after the wedding be sure to pace yourself.
Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:19 AM
Not sure what your build or weight is currently but there are many sites out there that offer "calorie counters" where you type in your weight & the amount of time (in minutes) you are going to do, or have done, a particular exercise/workout for and it calculates several different activities you could do for that amount of time, telling you how many calories you will likely burn.
For example, I am 120lbs & for the time I entered 30 min. since that's really all the time I've got to spare. If I would want to burn 2,500 calories in one day (like you would need to if you want to lose 15 lbs within 3 weeks) I would have to...use the stationary rowing machine at a moderate rate for 30 min, do water aerobics for 30 min, ride a stationary bike vigorously for 30 min, use the stair step machine for 30 min, lift free weights vigorously for 30 min, do step areobics at a high impact level for 30 min, run for 1 hour @ 10mph (that's running 6 min miles for an hour straight), rollerblade for 30 min, and perform general housecleaning duties for 30 min.
That is 5 hours devoted to non-stop vigorous exercising. Maybe if you don't have a job & kids that could be possible but other than that I think your weightloss goal is impossible. Sorry, I know this wasn't the kind of response you were looking for but I am just trying to give you my honest advice. Good luck with everything!
Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:04 AM
...also, really interesting tip about the dandelion root ssnm, I was wondering why a diuretic would help, but I will definitely take that into consideration, being a huge water drinker, I also partake my coffee with splenda, so I need to immediately nix that!!
I am happy to also report that I am trading the stress in for 2 detoxifying wraps that guarantee at least 6 inches lost before the wedding!!! I made the appointments for next week, so please cross your fingers!! even if it's temporary, i will be able to get back on track after we come home.
Also, whats the bulging brides What channel is that on, because id definitely love to watch it!!
Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:10 AM
Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:27 PM
Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:08 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users