Sign in to follow this  
Chill Bride

Newbie - Help me with a venue/location

Finding a Certified DW Coordinator plus an awesome TA...in some cases they are the same. Would help you decide.

Have your wishlist together before you call...it helps them, help you! :-)

Best wishes and happy planning.

For the most part the beaches in Akumal are rockier and not as powder sandy as in Tulum. I am also looking for the same type of venue you are looking for. Let me know if you find something.

Originally Posted by Chill Bride View Post

Hi All,

I got engaged about a month ago and have been dreaming about my destination wedding on a beautiful tropical beach for years. Anyone interested in sharing a suggestion for a place to get married that has the following elements:

1. Ceremony on beach or with clear beach view
2. No resorts, looking for something unique
3. Close -ish to west coast. Looking at Hawaii and Tulum, Mexico mainly.
4. Lots of dancing late into the night
5. Private location
6. Maybe a house or hotel, the whole party can rent out.
7. Will have 30-50 guests, probably closer to 30.
8. Keep the drinks flowing

We are basically looking for something unique and not too commercial where our whole party can drink and dance the night away either on the beach or at a restaurant right on it. Ceremony would be on the beach with not too many people around. I have been to Negril, Jamaica; Barbados; and St. Martin. Something like the beauty and chillness of the independent hotels in Negril would be perfect.

looking for something unique

Congratulations & welcome.gif !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

5u84f48n.gif

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com