Newbie - Help me with a venue/location

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Bride

Chill Bride
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hi All,

I got engaged about a month ago and have been dreaming about my destination wedding on a beautiful tropical beach for years. Anyone interested in sharing a suggestion for a place to get married that has the following elements:

1. Ceremony on beach or with clear beach view
    2. No resorts, looking for something unique
    3. Close -ish to west coast. Looking at Hawaii and Tulum, Mexico mainly.
    4. Lots of dancing late into the night
    5. Private location
    6. Maybe a house or hotel, the whole party can rent out.
    7. Will have 30-50 guests, probably closer to 30.
    8. Keep the drinks flowing

We are basically looking for something unique and not too commercial where our whole party can drink and dance the night away either on the beach or at a restaurant right on it. Ceremony would be on the beach with not too many people around. I have been to Negril, Jamaica; Barbados; and St. Martin. Something like the beauty and chillness of the independent hotels in Negril would be perfect.

#2 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

• Insiders
    • 1,538 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything...

#3 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Welcome and congrats!!! I hope you find what you are looking for.

#4 ChelseaRose

• 139 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum!! I am getting married at a remote location called Las Villas Akumal in Akumal, Mexico. Sascha Gluck (posted above) will actually be our photographer! Akumal, Mexico is the perfect little secluded town on the coast, just north of Tulum. Any Akumal bride will tell you how absolutely stunning it is!

Good luck with all the planning!

#5 Chill Bride

Chill Bride
          • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I have heard Akumal is a great place to get married. What makes the two towns different? I know some like Tulum and some like Akumal.

#6 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
            • 600 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

I was married in Tulum and now coordinate weddings from Akumal to Tulum. The only place large enough to host 50 guests on the beach is Mil Amores. It's very private since it's right next to the preserve. It is great since it is two mansions that have been converted into a hotel. They have a total of 22 rooms, some of them are multi-bedrooms suites. You could rent one or both of the houses out depending on how many guests you have. You would need to get a permit to have an all night party in Tulum, but it is possible.
              You might also look into Anguila, just off of St. Maarten. They have absolutely stunning beaches and loads of private homes.

#7 jwilke5

• 314 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Welcome and congrats! I'm sure you'll find plenty of ideas on this site, i'm sure there is a resort that matches all your criteria. Good luck!!

#8 thefuturemrslutz

• 821 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Definitely look into Anguilla! IT IS AMAZING!!!! It was just expensive for my guests unfortunately. It's awesome though! CONGRATS!

#9 lnf_munchkin

• 168 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Good luck in your search . . . be sure to check out the wedding reviews . . . I know I've read of the perfect place for you . . . somewhere on this forum. Just not sure where??!?!?

#10 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

welcome,you will find lots of info on here to help you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users