Photo

Post pics of Groom's Cakes

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Patti

Patti
  • 555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

I'm considering one of these cakes. My FI is from Chicago and is a huge Chicago sports fan. Show us what you're having.

Attached Files

#2 J2K

J2K
    • 59 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

Here's a pic of our grooms cake from our AHR. It turned out pretty good... except for the misspelling, haha. Oh, and it was delicious!

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 finleys7

finleys7
      • 703 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Patti - I like the hat and ball.
        Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
        Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#4 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

Patti those are way cute! I like the sign one becuase you could come up with something clever about the wedding to write on it.

We aren't doing a grooms cake, but I think the cutest one I ever saw was a fishing cake. It had a "pond" with real water and gummy fish in the middle. Then the little guy and gal were fishing into it.

#5 Patti

Patti
          • 555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Thanks, Ladies. It's not like we need anymore cake. There's only 11 of us and we're having a 2-tier wedding cake that feeds up to 25. I just thought those cakes were too cute. FI's b-day is the day after we arrive in Cabo, but there will only be 4 of us (I hate to spend that much $$$ for just 4). Another option is maybe presenting it at the Welcome dinner the night before the wedding. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Autjo, where can I read (and see) about your drive-through Vegas wedding?

#6 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

We are doing a celebration cake at our happy hour the night before the wedding. We have several people celebrating birthdays and honeymoons and we thought it would be fun to share some of the spotlight.

Vegas Dirve Thru :o)
              http://bestdestinati....-single-50555/

#7 Patti

Patti
              • 555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

That's a good idea. I should do something like that. FI's b-day is 2 days before the wedding and my daughter's is the day after the wedding.

ps. looked at your review and pics. Thanks for sharing. You looked beautiful and sounded like a blast.

#8 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by J2K
                  Here's a pic of our grooms cake from our AHR. It turned out pretty good... except for the misspelling, haha. Oh, and it was delicious!

this is pretty cool!
                  Loving married life! <3

#9 estella1007

estella1007
                  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

Here's mine! He is a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan,and I actually got the idea from on this forum. Someone posted a pic of a cake topper and it got me thinking about doing this as a groom's cake. It was a total surprise and he had no idea until he walked in the room and saw it! It was def the hit of our wedding...

#10 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

I saw this in your pics and it is so cute. What a great surprise!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by estella1007
                      Here's mine! He is a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan,and I actually got the idea from on this forum. Someone posted a pic of a cake topper and it got me thinking about doing this as a groom's cake. It was a total surprise and he had no idea until he walked in the room and saw it! It was def the hit of our wedding...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users