Sign in to follow this  
torywedd

Rtpb wedding reception/ceremony questions......

Hey bridal besties, so I finally have my wedding date confirmed for Fri. July 23, 2010 @ Riu Tropical Palace Bay in Negril, Jamaica and i have a few questions, maybe u could help me outhuh.gif

Has anyone ever shipped items to the resort (bouquets, centerpieces, etc..)

Which is better for the wedding ceremony the beach or gazebo location....im sooo confused, they both look greathuh.gif...

For the wedding reception with the Caprice Package (60 ppl) what is it likehuh.gif

help!!!!!!!!!

Hi ToryWedd,

Our wedding date is fast approaching, 25th November 2009 at 4pm at RPTB, we havent shipped any items to the resort in advance, but we have ordered bouqettes, a cake and some smaller items from an external wedding company who have been great, we have the Royal package for 50ppl, we only have 24 guests but it was compulsory to upgrade and we had an extra charge for it, I guess the decision between Gazebo or Beach depends on your group size, I have been advised that the Gazebo would be for a Smaller Party maybe 10-20 guests, if there are more then its apparently difficult for people to see and hear whats going on. We are planning on the beach location, we are able to choose a spot thats private and secluded from areas on the beach.

We have the Royal Package and its being held in teh Steak House area betwenn 630 and 830 following that we have a cocktail hour on the beach.

I must advise that we have found the WC at RPTB less than helpful, we understand that they deal with 100's of weddings a year, but most of our small requests we made that were not part of teh package, they couldnt provide or they could but at amazingly high prices 4-500 dollars for a cake and 150-250 for a tropical bouqette as the ones included in the Royal package did not have the correct colours or style. this is just 1 example!

We leave in about 38 days for the wedding, hoping that everything falls into place nicely when we get there. I can provide more infor for you on our return of how everything went.

Simon and Alexandra :)

thanks so much for your response, although my wedding date isn't until July 23, 2010, i do want to have certain things taken care of......we have the Caprice Pcakage -60ppl w/ the semi private reception at the steak house...... do you know what is included in the semi private reception at the Steak Househuh.gif?

i choose the gazebo location, but i think i am going to change that and go w/ the secluded beach reception, since we will have a lot of guests

i am also interested in having a hr. cocktail reception on the beach as well, what was the xtra cost for that and what was included.....i was thinking of hiring the steel drum band......

for my centerpieces, corsages, and bouquets i am going to ship them down, i spoke to the coordinator and she said we could do so......they charge entirely to much for those services........wasnt' your cake included in your package, the Caprice has a cake included

cant wait to hear what a wonderful time you guys are gonna have, i know your pics are going to be lovely...

We got married at RPTB in august 2009. we opted for the beach because taht's just us/ Both our beautiful. The WC makes sure that the area is "sectioned off" from other guests. The beach arch is located away from the main path of guests so you have privacy. The 2 gazebos are great. One thing I would change is the time of day. At least when we were there back in August, it seemed to rain in the late afternoon from 2 and on/off until about4pm or so. It was bright and sunny in the AM. I would have opted for an earlier wedding ceremony if i could go back, but i suppose that the weather is always different. Whatever the case may be.... the WC was extremely nice and accomidating to us. She patiently waited for the sun to break back on through for our DW. The rain held off and we had a wonderful ceremony on the beach.

As for shipping, i don't know. We opted to bring things onto the plane with us and our guests by splitting them up between us.

Good luck!

I got married at RMB but visited RPTB in July 2008. The resort is beautiful and having the ceremony on the beach or in the gazebo really depends on what you really want. They were both pretty

I am having my DW in May/2010. Does anyone know if the coctail hour at the beach can go for more than an hour? I want to have a beach party with my guests and hire the Reggae band but would like it to be more than an hour. I guess I could always rent out the steakhouse for a full reception.