We need a latin dance song... Help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 rdhbride

• 313 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

kuteliya:) i would love your list if you don't mind. my fi is hispanic but so not lol. we've been asking people for music suggestions for moths lol. he has no clue and i;m helpless lol. i love marc anthony and that congo vibe:) luv it!!!!thank you so much!!! mimirdh1@aol.com

#12 lani76

• 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by kuteliya
      Im actually a native Puerto Rican, FI is italian american. Our wedding will have alot of latin music we even have a Batuplena band playing =) if youd like some help with music Id be glad to help in any way I can. Ill send you some of the songs off our song list email me at kuteliya@gmail.com.....Here is one i love by Marc Anthony Valio la Pena Salsa Version....There is just way to many to chose from so send me the feel of what your going for i can probably get a better answer..

I've been a MIA on this forum for a few months but now I'm back and only have 3 weeks before the big day and am without an official song list! I really want to integrate some latin music into my song list for the reception and can only think of a few off the top of my head. Would you mind sending me your play list as well? I'm hoping to have some salsa music and anything upbeat and a few slow songs. Half of my guests are Mexican so I also want to cater to them as well. Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated! My email is robertoandmarielaine@gmail.com.

~ Marie-Laine

#13 simba1234

• 179 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

I'm latin and so is my FI but he doesn't know how to dance salsa I have six months to teach him a choreographed routine. I want to dance to Marc Anthony's "Tu Amor Me Hace Bien"... that song has the MOST beautiful love lyrics ever, really fun and emotional all at once!

#14 Michelle613

• 331 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

That's what me & FI are doing. We're starting out dancing to At Last, but haven't chosen a Latin dance to switch to. I'm planning on re-watching Dirty Dancing Havana Nights this weekend to get some ideas!
          Michelle & Arsen
          Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#15 BlieLena

• 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

8.Cumbia de Los Muertos- Ozomatli*

This is a song on our playlist. I am venezuelan and good salsa music is my thing! Enjoy!

#16 Salamander

• 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

I'm not sure if anyone remembers the movie "Dance With Me" with Vanessa Williams and Chayanne, but the song from the soundtrack would be perfect and is quite easy to Salsa to (not too crazy fast).

YouTube - Refugio de Amor- Vanessa Williams y Chayanne (en espa┬▒ol)

Refugio de Amor- Vanessa Williams & Chayanne

#17 cogswellgray

• 330 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

This was exactly what I was looking for when I click on the Music and Entertainment section! Me and my FI are doing to same thing. Noone will expect it from us, Im Dominican but a little quieter from the rest of my family and my FI is one WHITE BOY! hahaha so it will be a good suprise. We are also thing Suavemente, I loooove that song!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users