Photo

We need a latin dance song... Help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ok So it was actually FI's idea but he wants to have a choreographed dance to a latin type song for us to dance to. His idea is for us to go into a typical first song dance "you had me from hello" then after like 30 seconds have it fade out and come in with a song we can rhumba or cha cha to... He wants to totally usprise our families- they totally wont expect this from us... Does anyone know a good song? We start our dance school on friday and we are supposed to have picked out a song by then... I dont really have a preference if it is an english song with a latin beat/twist to it or if its a good latin song. Any suggestions?!?

#2 britsytoll

britsytoll
    • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

OMG...I was just researching this on the forum. FI wants to salsa and surprise everyone. I love the idea. Although I have no idea for a song suggestion but I am researching so I'll let you know if I come up with anything. I was thinking about searching on Dancing with the Stars or something. They might have good ideas.
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#3 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
      • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

LoL Thats totally where he got the idea from. I did a quick search and didnt come up with anything. Let me know if you do...

#4 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by *Kerin28*
          Ok So it was actually FI's idea but he wants to have a choreographed dance to a latin type song for us to dance to. His idea is for us to go into a typical first song dance "you had me from hello" then after like 30 seconds have it fade out and come in with a song we can rhumba or cha cha to... He wants to totally usprise our families- they totally wont expect this from us... Does anyone know a good song? We start our dance school on friday and we are supposed to have picked out a song by then... I dont really have a preference if it is an english song with a latin beat/twist to it or if its a good latin song. Any suggestions?!?
          Im actually a native Puerto Rican, FI is italian american. Our wedding will have alot of latin music we even have a Batuplena band playing =) if youd like some help with music Id be glad to help in any way I can. Ill send you some of the songs off our song list email me at kuteliya@gmail.com.....Here is one i love by Marc Anthony Valio la Pena Salsa Version....There is just way to many to chose from so send me the feel of what your going for i can probably get a better answer..

#5 angela040504

angela040504
          • 100 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

We are actually doing that to! We are dancing to Vivir Lo Nuestro by La India y Marc Anthony, but Celia Cruz has some good ones to! Let me know what you decide its alot of fun we have been taking private lessons for 3 months now. Good Luck!

#6 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
            • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

Thanks girls! I am very excited to do this!
              Kuteliya- I am going to email you! Thanks!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

My favorite spanish song is Suavemente by Elvis Crespo. But I don't speak Spanish, so can't tell ya if it's wedding appropriate! But it's been my ringtone for years and years, it's a great song.

#8 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

"Go Get It" by Sepalot has got an awesome latin dancing beat, but the words are in English. Listen to the whole song. The chorus is awesome.

#9 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carly
                    My favorite spanish song is Suavemente by Elvis Crespo. But I don't speak Spanish, so can't tell ya if it's wedding appropriate! But it's been my ringtone for years and years, it's a great song.

I like it, i think the words are sexy lol! Its just a great song about a great kiss so definitely wedding OK!

#10 bride2b10

bride2b10
                    • 320 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Oh awesome, I also need some advice on some good latin music!
                      http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users