Photo

Figuring out how much sand for sand ceremony

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

So I ended up buying a frame for the sand ceremony. It is HUGE, a lot bigger than I thought it was.

It measures 5 inches tall, 3 inches deep, and 8 inches wide. We are thinking that is a TON of sand. Here is pictures of it so you can get an idea...

Click the image to open in full size.

We had it engraved so of course still want to use it, but dont want the sand to be to overbearing. How much sand do you think will fit in there?

Any suggestions on a cover to?

#2 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
    • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

Great question. Im interested to know too. Where did you get it? It looks really nice.

#3 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
      • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by *Kerin28*
        Great question. Im interested to know too. Where did you get it? It looks really nice.
        I got it from here....

Wedding Reception Glass Photo Vase | Marilyn's Keepsakes

Its a really nice frame, and they engraved it and shipped it the day after I ordered it. Ordered it 10/7/09 and got it today, 10/12/09.

It says right on the website those big dimensions. Maybe I should of paid better attention.

#4 britsytoll

britsytoll
        • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I just started researching the sand ceremony sets. I have no idea.....wonder if it is something you can play with some cheaper sand. Just a thought...
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#5 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

Thats a good idea. I was going to order sand, and Im like hmmmmm how much is a pound of sand.

I could go to the dollar store and probably find some sand.....

#6 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
            • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

Use playground sand and just see how much fits confortably... that would work

#7 britsytoll

britsytoll
              • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

My mom suggested that..I looked at her funny at first but then thought..not a bad idea! Let me know what you come up with. I need to start looking for my set.
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#8 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know this interesting tidbit I got from Moon Glow (sand company). I called them to inquire about how much sand, and she said fill up your vase or frame with water. Every 1.5 cups of water = 1lb of sand :)

We just ordered our sand which we wont use till the wedding. So I can let you know in about 25 days (EEK!) how accurate that is :)

#9 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
                  • 202 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

wow thats great to know.... makes itmuch easier for us. :) Thanks!

#10 misstrae76

misstrae76
                    • 217 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

hey there ladies..
                      Im in the midst of looking for sand ceremony sets as well. I really want one that has a lid or a cork...I have several of the personalized heart ones but still unsure. I did like this idea that I had seen a few months ago that was an hourglass...That was pretty unique but a little out of our budget...Well getting back to the topic of the thread...Has anyone ever thought about possibly getting sand from the wedding location? I want to do that but I have yet to do research on actually 'coloring ' the sand...any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users