Sign in to follow this  
dcheung1111

Help! Need good restaurant in Playa del Carmen for Rehearsal Dinner.

We're getting married at the Royal Playa del Carmen on November 7th and would like to have a rehearsal dinner off premises the night before. Our party is about 20 people. Ideally looking for a place with preset group menus. Any recommendations anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
I hear this is an AWESOME restaurant in Playa...
Alux Cave, Playa del Carmen - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
Yep, this place kicks major tail :) We have done several photo sessions there and also had somewhat of a rehearsal dinner there.

A few things.
1. This is a cave environment, 100% underground. They have set up a lounge in many different rooms.
2. There is a dance floor area... can be nice for a party.
3. Menu isnt 100% my fav... Prices are expensive too.
4. They often have big tours.
5. No air condition and sometimes stuffy due to poor ventilation

Just another suggestion... Try Yaxche (maya cuisine) We were just there a few nights ago. Air conditioned + they have an outside patio. Great atmosphere. Playa del Carmen Restaurant Serving Mayan, Mexican, Seafood, and Vegetarian Dishes - Yaxche Maya Cuisine Restaurant Playa del Carmen Mexico

Cheers!
matt

i know this post is old, but i was wondering if you have any photos you can share to help me out? thanks. any other brides recently get married here that can share photos too would be helpful.

Hello Chrisdior,

If you have a look at my albums on my profile you can see a wedding that I did there, Alux cave, Playa Del Carmen.

I hope this gives you an idea of this unique restuarant.

Happy Planning.

Joyce

We are leaning heavily toward holding our rehearsal dinner at Alux Cave. Would be curious about any brides' reviews/experiences with this. The photos are fantastic and I love how unique it is. I also find the menu a bit difficult for a large group and want to hear more about the poor ventilation referenced above. Thanks in advance!