Photo

Newbie Intro

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jlwooster

jlwooster
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Hi...My name is Jessica and my fiance and I are trying to decide on where to go for our destination wedding. Its a 2nd for both of us and he has a daughter from a previous marriage, plus we are expecting our first baby in March 2010. There will be other children joining us (nieces/nephews) so any Sandals or adult only resorts are out of the question. We live in Pittsburgh and are looking at a late fall 2010 wedding somewhere relatively affordable (for more family and friends to join), somewhere all inclusive, and somewhere that we can take an afternoon and have a small ceremony/reception or dinner on/near the water and spend the rest of our time on a family vacation/honeymoon. Open to advice, suggestions, photo sharing, brainstorming, etc... Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies!

#2 Patti

Patti
    • 555 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Congratulations, Jessica, on your engagement and on having a baby. You will find loads of helpful information on this Forum. You can use the search engine to find exactly what you're looking for. Happy planning.

#3 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
      • 821 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

Congrats! I think the Dreams are reasonable for families! I am getting married at a Palace resort...they have several "levels" of resorts with different prices. Even the least expensive ones are very very nice! Congrats and welcome!

#4 lizzyl875

lizzyl875
        • 153 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

Congrats on getting married and the baby! Hawaii is always nice and near lots of water and not too far away.

#5 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
          • Vendor
          • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy wedding planning!!!

Dmitri :)

#6 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
            • 227 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is a relatively inexpensive place to go. Also I think that Sandals Jamaica and another one are child friendly! Mexico has always been cost-friendly as well. I hope you find what you are looking for.

#7 tkolman773

tkolman773
              • 167 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

Welcome and happy planning! I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum in December and they have great services for children and families. Have fun looking around!

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Hi Jessica! welcome to the forum! congrats on the engagement and congrats on the bun in the oven!!!

#9 jwilke5

jwilke5
                  • 314 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

Welcome and congratulations to you on both your engagement and your baby! =)

#10 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
                    • 168 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

Welcome and Congrats! We've got several of the same requirements and after much deliberation we chose Dreams Riviera Cancun on 11/27/2010, mainly because we didn't want a super huge resort. But there are a lot of other good resorts in the Riviera Maya that will suite your needs as well. GOOD LUCK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users