• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 shan0487

• 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

Don't listen to the resort, they just want more money from you.  If someone really wants a drink, they can go to the resort bar, there is no need for you to pay more!

#22 christinebauer

• 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

You could compromise and of course if the restaurant is ok with it, you could do a few drink tickets so those who drink a lot can pay after their tickets run out.  Or do like the first 15 min, 30 min etc.. drinks on you and after that people buy their own.

#23 june11bride

• 304 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

My ceremony is at 2pm and my reception isn't until 630...I have wondered about this too, feeling bad for my guests. But then I remembered...it's all inclusive. What's stopping them from just going together to a restaraunt if they are starving?? They can do the group shots and be done by 330 or 4 and have plenty of time to go eat or have some drinks. I definitely decided a cocktail hour would be a waste of money.Plus I wouldn't be there ;)

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#24 lmadore

• 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Im thinking myself to just go to the lobby bar or another bar perhaps located close to the ceremony site and where the dinner is being held.  Have to plan this one out.  Really do dislike the idea of paying for alcohol thats part of an AI.  I know your paying for some service too but nah. Doesnt seem worth it.  And seeming cheap isnt anything Im worried about.  Its the whole reason Im doing this away wedding.  That and an awesome vacation.

#25 JaziandSwag

• 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Either way will work, but I am opting for a cocktail hour!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users