setting the alter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hi ladies...I am being cheap and honestly I don't care much about having an "alter" such as an arch or chuppah or posts w/ flowers on them....

However, I thought I would just check with all of you and see what creative ideas any of you might have to set an alter that is very inexpensive....

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

Well included in my set up fee was a table for the judge to stand behind. That worked perfect for us. I set my bouquet on it as well as the shell that had our rings. IF your doing a sand ceremony you could also have the vases there too.

#3 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

dont worry im not either... i dont want to take away from the breathtaking view and ocean...

#4 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

The ocean is your arch huppah or what ever else you need it ot be. The view will be breathtaking

#5 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

I don't know. I sort of disagree. We made our DIY arch and I really felt that it framed the ceremony

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hmmm....different suggestions...thanks! I know I don't want an arch..and i totally forgot about the table for the sand ceremony because I would like to do this....so I think that would be good enough.....

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

We had nothing, mostly because I was on a budget, but I didn't mind at all! We had our guests directly facing the ocean with the sun on their backs and it was perfect. (Though Tasha's arch was really pretty in her photos..... :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users